Beef And Steak Houses?

dhie221
Posted
Posted

Try Mad Mark Restaurant on pasig city kapitolyo, I'm sure you'll gonna love their steak dish  :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I used to recommend "The Ranch"  where this forum had a get together a few years back, but I hear there are health problems with the owner and/or his wife and their focus is not on the business any more.  I'd still check it out though, just to see.  Its in Banilad.

RANCH IS CLOSED so cross that one off the list.  Some east Indians bought it from the owners and its totally changed.   My friends no longer recommend the new place so I didn't go try it.  I did find a place on the 4th floor of Ayala in a newer section that seemed nice and reasonable priced.  Its called The Suite Room if anyone else wants to try it.  Not cheap, but good value for the money.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I used to recommend "The Ranch"  where this forum had a get together a few years back, but I hear there are health problems with the owner and/or his wife and their focus is not on the business any more.  I'd still check it out though, just to see.  Its in Banilad.

RANCH IS CLOSED so cross that one off the list.  Some east Indians bought it from the owners and its totally changed.   My friends no longer recommend the new place so I didn't go try it.  I did find a place on the 4th floor of Ayala in a newer section that seemed nice and reasonable priced.  Its called The Suite Room if anyone else wants to try it.  Not cheap, but good value for the money.

My god, where are we going to hold the next Philippines Expat Forum gathering in 2050 when I get back? 

post-1-0-69638400-1444389394_thumb.jpg post-1-0-53806500-1444389823_thumb.jpg post-1-0-59106400-1444389850_thumb.jpg post-1-0-05527600-1444389930_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

On the topic of steak, I have not had one in about 9 months.

Yesterday we went to SM and had a so called tbone at steak and slice or what ever is called.

I was so excited! T bone is not my first choice but a decent one can be good. When the so called steak got to my take I almost cried. It loved like a dried up piece of leather and it was that thin too. To top it off that covered it in gravy. Disgusting.

I have had great meals here in restaurants and I have had some bad ones but this was by far the worst meal I've had. Man would I kill for a decent steak here in the Sto Tomas, Tanauan area. Id but one and cook it myself but I don't have a grill.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted
On 10/9/2015 at 9:18 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:
On 10/9/2015 at 8:16 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:
On 8/28/2015 at 1:15 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I used to recommend "The Ranch" where this forum had a get together a few years back, but I hear there are health problems with the owner and/or his wife and their focus is not on the business any more. I'd still check it out though, just to see. Its in Banilad.

RANCH IS CLOSED so cross that one off the list. Some east Indians bought it from the owners and its totally changed. My friends no longer recommend the new place so I didn't go try it. I did find a place on the 4th floor of Ayala in a newer section that seemed nice and reasonable priced. Its called The Suite Room if anyone else wants to try it. Not cheap, but good value for the money.

My god, where are we going to hold the next Philippines Expat Forum gathering in 2050 when I get back?

The pictures are awesome! I would love to go to a meet up here if close enough!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted

850pesos = $25au, would need to be good.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

850pesos = $25au, would need to be good.

I think he said it was all you can eat so make a meal out of it. I have seen videos of some buffet places in Manila and you sure would get your money's worth so go for lunch and that would be all you need for the day and the food looked real good.  I have been to a Filipino style buffet in Cebu that a member raved about once but I did not see the value in it even though it was quite cheap.