How To Detect A Flooded Vehicle

Thomas
Posted
Posted

That's a reason I DON'T like reconditioned cars   :)   (at least not before it's bought.)

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Did you know that Volkswagon Bugs are airtight. They will not sink unless the floorboard is rusted out. I would not want to see if it's true.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did you know that Volkswagon Bugs are airtight. They will not sink unless the floorboard is rusted out. I would not want to see if it's true.

Yes it is true ..... they will float for sometime .... I know .... I had several when I lived in south Florida ..... one time I was driving over a low water spot about 100 feet long and near the center the bug began to float ... it actually turned sideways in the road .... I had to climb out through the window (was much younger and slimmer than) and started pushing it to the other side .... several young guys thought it as funny and helped me .... once up on dry ground I hopped in and dove away .... this was one of the old beetles ... a '68 I believe ...... many times when it hadn't rained quite so hard I used to get a running start and glide from one side to the other ....

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

How To Detect A Flooded Vehicle  easy :hystery:  Open the Door post-2148-0-51592000-1440990404_thumb.jp If you can post-2148-0-62603200-1440990435.jpg now if water comes out it has been Flooded If not then it is all OK now! but may smell  :mocking:

Just my little bit. :thumbsup:

JPpost-2148-0-57190600-1440990544.png

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I thought this was going to be about the motor going RRrrrr RRrrrr Rrrrrrrrrrr . . . . .  and the carburetor smelling of gas.  Solution:  Get electronic ignition.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If this car has never been flooded...why is the trunk full of mud?   :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
...why is the trunk full of mud?

I always did think that the high water ring would be a dead give away :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I always did think that the high water ring would be a dead give away

AH! AH! so you never cleaned your bathroom Sink either? post-2148-0-50920900-1441067580.png

Just asking :)

JP :tiphat:

Morning All. :morning1:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Bohol Guy
Posted
Posted

There's an old joke...lets see, You remember Ted Kennedy went off a low bridge with his gf and sadly she drowned. Demolished his political prospects when he got out and she didn't. It might have been MAD magazine put in a false add showing a floating VW and the caption...

"If Ted Kennedy had been driving a VW he'd be president now."

• Like 1