Philippine Girl Band In Uk Controversy!

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife was so proud to show me the Girl Band from Philippines who were on the UK X factor Show

Now it appears that they are already well known in Asia and have records available through Amazon

Questions are being asked if the show is already fixed!

.https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/127937482729/x-factor-2015-controversy-begins-as-girlband

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0B6T5Z8uk

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

As above what is being said....http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-phoney-claims-girl-6348346

Edited by Kuya John

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I thought they were very good, and thats all that counts :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
Those Ladies deserve to be their and the Judges know that because they know what I know! You Go Girls!!

The responce they got was a standing ovation, nobody is questioning their ability.

But what is being questioned is have the rules been broken or not, just clear any misunderstanding.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-phoney-claims-girl-6348346

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Reading the comments below The Mirror article I'd say good on them.  It appears they're not that big in Phils, anyone I've spoken to since this broke hadn't heard of them and as W&M said, people are living under a rock if they think that most aspiring artists of any kind haven't had some form of their work published somewhere on the interwebs whether professionally or posted themselves at least on a small scale.  It's the "Big Break" that's the point I think.  

It's not as if this would be the first time that talent has been scouted by one of these shows and X-Factor has admitted as much in the past.  Entire article has an slight undertone of sour grapes with a touch of xenophobia to my mind.

Not my style of music by I can appreciate talent of any kind, and these girls have it... Go girls!

Having said all that, I'm very much in the Dave Grohl camp when it comes to talent shows:  

Dave Grohl says reality TV shows like The Voice and Idol are destroying the next generation of musicians.

The Foo Fighters frontman and ex-Nirvana drummer said music wasn't a competition and about becoming famous - it's about having fun and doing it because you want too.

“When I think about kids watching a TV show like American Idol or The Voice, then they think, ‘Oh, OK, that’s how you become a musician, you stand in line for eight f***ing hours with 800 people at a convention center and… then you sing your heart out for someone and then they tell you it’s not f***in’ good enough.’

"Can you imagine?” he implores. “It’s destroying the next generation of musicians!

"Musicians should go to a yard sale and buy and old f***ing drum set and get in their garage and just suck. And get their friends to come in and they’ll suck, too. And then they’ll f***ing start playing and they’ll have the best time they’ve ever had in their lives and then all of a sudden they’ll become Nirvana.

"Because that’s exactly what happened with Nirvana. Just a bunch of guys that had some sh&tty old instruments and they got together and started playing some noisy-ass s**t, and they became the biggest band in the world.

"That can happen again! You don’t need a f***ing computer or the internet or The Voice or American Idol.”

Just a pity there aren't more avenues to be discovered these days.  

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

If the ladies were vetted by the Producers and the talent scouts, then I don't understand why there is a problem. The article states the show is suppose to be about wanna be's . It sounds like they wanna be, famous, rich, popular all of the above. There is nothing in the shows byline that states the talent can not have been recorded, signed or on the radio. If that were the case as I said above in my other statement, that would eliminate a lot of people from coming on the show. Only the writer of the article is stating it's only for wanna be's. My point is that no one wins these shows without talent, experience and showmanship. These ladies have all that. Once again hopefully without being chastised and accused of not reading the article, I will say, the girls belong there and they are a great discovery. You Go Girls!!!!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I really don't have a dog in this hunt, but my feelings are:

If they didn't break any contest rules, then sounds to me like national jealousy or bias

if they did? they deserve all they get.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I love music but I have my likes and non likes. Music is a very competitive business. It takes talent, connections, and the ability and willingness to go hungry sometimes before making it in show biz.

You've heard of "starving artists". There are musicians who are struggling also.

Filipinos and  Filipinas are very talented musically. They can sing, dance and perform very well. I'm sure most of you have noticed this.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Does anyone here actually know the rules or seen/read them? Otherwise it is all speculation EH?

Just Saying.post-2148-0-19965600-1440985538.png

JP :tiphat:

Morning All  :morning1:

• Like 3