Maid/helper Needed

charleshagen
Posted
Posted

I will be probably arriving in the Dumaguete area in January and I will need a maid/helper to do chores and help me (I am a DAV).  I am doing a medical study at Silliman and will be WAY to swamped with that to do any housekeeping.

Looking for HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY.  I have a LOT of work to do so I am asking for recommendations and referrals.

Thanks in advance,

Charles Hagen

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I will be probably arriving in the Dumaguete area in January and I will need a maid/helper to do chores and help me (I am a DAV).  I am doing a medical study at Silliman and will be WAY to swamped with that to do any housekeeping.

Looking for HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY.  I have a LOT of work to do so I am asking for recommendations and referrals.

Thanks in advance,

Charles Hagen

One of things I think you may need to leave until you are here or at least know where you are going to live, Will you be looking at Live in or Out, People here are never too keen to travel to work It will be difficult to try and help until we are aware of your Area. Whilst it is not a large City it has transport Problems of a peculiar nature

JP :tiphat:

charleshagen
Posted
Posted

Probably live in, IF the hire can be TRUSTED.  I am going to be doing some study compilation from my quarters, provided the Internet is adequate.

I want to be careful.  I think the professor I am working with at Silliman will be able to refer one.  However I do not know this.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Probably live in, IF the hire can be TRUSTED.  I am going to be doing some study compilation from my quarters, provided the Internet is adequate.

I want to be careful.  I think the professor I am working with at Silliman will be able to refer one.  However I do not know this.

Why  don`t you contact silliman maybe they know somebody!

charleshagen
Posted
Posted

I am already in contact with them but the conversation never reached that point.  Was just inquiring for information and reference.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Charles, in my experience (limited I grant you lol) our maid was referred to us by in laws. Her family basically works for my wife's family over the years. I really don't think you will be able to interview/hire/have in place a quality in or out helper via the internet, Skype or phone. IMHO either wait until you are on the ground, get the lay of the land and proceed from there or if it is imperitive that things be set up upon your arrival work with the contact you have there already.

I did a quick google search in your prospective area and there are no "maid for hire" type agencies listed that I could find. These types of things are usually done by word of mouth and family contacts.

When coming to the Philippines you will have to remember "your not in Green Bay anymore Toto" :thumbsup:

Welcome to the adventure my friend

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Me thinks this may be a crank up?  My lord!

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

You will find a maid/helper/all rounder on arrival or shortly thereafter.

An all rounder does everything and gets paid accordingly. 4k in Metro Manila, not much less in the province.

You might also get a young provincial girl for 2000-2500.  No fooling around here mate, an older woman with some experience is going to be the best maid. With a younger girl, you take your chances.

As you can see I'm an Aussie. I'm a former resident of Green Bay (Yes Toto), college years and thereafter. Have a reunion there in 2022 if we get that far.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

An all rounder does everything and gets paid accordingly. 4k in Metro Manila, not much less in the province.

You might also get a young provincial girl for 2000-2500.  No fooling around here mate, an older woman with some experience is going to be the best maid. With a younger girl, you take your chances.

If it hasn't changed it's 4000p in Manila, 2500 in province, and a level in between for biger cities. Perhaps Dumaguete belong to the middle ?

For a live in, with all meals paid.

Plus social fees.

--

I would try to get a clever one, who can assist with the tests too (and pay some extra for that).  There are SOME fringe benefits, which are tax free.

chris49
Posted
Posted

If it hasn't changed it's 4000p in Manila, 2500 in province, and a level in between for biger cities. Perhaps Dumaguete belong to the middle ?

For a live in, with all meals paid.

Plus social fees.

--

I would try to get a clever one, who can assist with the tests too (and pay some extra for that).  There are SOME fringe benefits, which are tax free.

2500 or under in the province is a young girl to help around the house, do cleaning and wash the clothes. She's unskilled as far as cooking and catering to the needs of a foreigner. Someone would have to train her, usually the lady of the household. If she improves and stays longer her salary goes up. So actually you can get a poor girl for 2000, but her work will not be very good initially. And who will train her in your situation?

Mother and daughter is sometimes a good combo. Mother gets 4k while the daughter gets her training for free,  Free accom and food of course and usually some small items like shampoo, toothpaste, washing powder for their own clothes.

If the women does have all those all rounder skills her services will be in demand, 4k minimum, maybe 3k the first month if on trial or probation.