Do You Ever Get Homesick?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I hhave been coming and going to Thailand for more than 8 years, more time here than in Australia.  13

months ago I made my permanent move.  

I have a great Filipino partner here and very lucky in that regard.  Boredom is my biggest enemy.

Often I find myself thinking of back home, but I suppose that is normal.

I am an economic expat but also enjoy my life with my partner and I am so fortunate.

But those memories come back  from time to time. Am I alone on this or do others have the same

experiences?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So you will have to come to Dumaguete on Sept 9 and meet up with us expats who call Dumaguete home.  

Do You Ever Get Homesick? Nah! some times I get sick of being at home so that's why I shall Join the boys on the Boulevard next Wednesday :thumbsup: .

JP :)  :tiphat:

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Am I alone on this or do others have the same experiences?

You are all alone on this, my friend.  So you will have to come to Dumaguete on Sept 9 and meet up with us expats who call Dumaguete home.  I mean, how can you get homesick if you are already home?   :cheers:

My sentiments exactly except Dalaguete is my home.

So you will have to come to Dumaguete on Sept 9 and meet up with us expats who call Dumaguete home.  

Do You Ever Get Homesick? Nah! some times I get sick of being at home so that's why I shall Join the boys on the Boulevard next Wednesday :thumbsup: .

JP :)  :tiphat:

That has got to be the quote of the day.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
Do You Ever Get Homesick? Nah! some times I get sick of being at home

Jack,

You took the words right out my mouth :tiphat:

I'm sure there are times when we reflect on the good times in the past

But then recall why you left in the first place brings back the balance.

I still believe Home is where the Heart is......JB

The usual correction

(Never understand why I don't spot it before posting)

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack,  You took the words right out my mouth I'm sure there are times when we reflect on the goodtimes in the past But then recall why you left in the first place brings back the balance. I still believe Home is where the Heart is......JB  

How true john but so many tend to forget this and still dwell in the Past. Count how many still relate to life with their Ex and don't concentrate on the Today? Present Company excepted as yours of course, is a different Story post-2148-0-11347900-1441268413.png

The usual correction (Never understand why I don't spot it before posting)

JB if you did that you be as Purfect as me  :hystery:

JP :mocking:  :tiphat:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

To be honest the only thing I miss is my kids,grandkids ,and a few close friends.

cheers

I'm Aussie, but my kids are in the States. Recently my grand son has become a 3 sport star in High School. The reports I get like last night with a video link, put me right there. I miss the kids but not painfully so. We will have a reunion in a few years and that will be fine. I suppose if the grand son reaches college level, which I think he will, I might like to see him play. My daughters keep their private life a bit quiet, but sure I will see them in maybe 3 years that will do.

When I previously missed Australia about 3 weeks sorted me out, that was enough, and I could not wait to get home to Saudi Arabia and the lovely bed I had at that time. Australia is there for the sports and food. I can wait for the food, and the sports I can get. My sisters have not recently issued me any invitations so consider that also.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

See Mogo, don't you get back every 6 months or so?

There are many times I could actually go for 2 meat pies with sauce. But it's been holding for a few years and can still wait.

3-4 slices of toast with butter and lovely vegemite.

Original fish and chips...hard to find, but I can.

Aussie Lebanese food which is better than what they serve in Lebanon..

A good red wine, Pure Gold has 1 or 2 when in stock..

Cold beer....San Mig is better. Colt 45 500 ml cheaper..

A decent steak, cook it myself, can't get that here..

Footy games..

Cricket...missing nothing, we just lost the Ashes, next series I will be there..

How much is petrol back home, I don't miss that..

Parking fees, you could live on that here...

Nah, as long as I get back at some point, I don't miss it.

• Like 2