Financial Affidavit

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I just want to confirm, 125% of the poverty level is around $20,000 USD so that is the minimum my Affidavit needs to show?

Thanks

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just want to confirm, 125% of the poverty level is around $20,000 USD so that is the minimum my Affidavit needs to show?

Thanks

The poverty level is adjusted upward each year so you need to verify what the US poverty level is for the year you are applying. Also the poverty level is much higher for Alaska and Hawaii. You can find the poverty level for 2015 here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/01/22/2015-01120/annual-update-of-the-hhs-poverty-guidelines#t-1

So 125% would be approximately $20,000 for the 48 contiguous states.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
the poverty level is much higher for Alaska and Hawaii.
I understand Hawai, but why is it higher in Alaska???  Some live for very litle there by living of the nature...

(Compare: 

In Sweden it cost much MORE to live in city than in the north cold regions  (if not spend to much at transports).

In Phils it cost much more to live in Manila than in province.)

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks

The poverty level is adjusted upward each year so you need to verify what the US poverty level is for the year you are applying. Also the poverty level is much higher for Alaska and Hawaii. You can find the poverty level for 2015 here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/01/22/2015-01120/annual-update-of-the-hhs-poverty-guidelines#t-1

So 125% would be approximately $20,000 for the 48 contiguous states.

Thanks,

I understand but I'm supposed to give a tax form and the most recent is 2014.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I submitted my last tax return so yes in your case that would be for the year 2014.

Don't send any more than what is requested.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

My parents have also agreed to cosponsor. That should help.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My parents have also agreed to cosponsor. That should help.

Done deal! 

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok Guys, yes as I mentioned my parents decided to co sponsor just as added insurance.

As I mentioned I have hired someone to do my taxes. I have worked very hard to line up all my expenses but now my adjusted gross is below the poverty line. My net is far above though. Is the adjusted gross the number they go by?

Thanks

Edited by Richieboy67

Thomas
Posted
Posted
now my adjusted gross is below the poverty line. My net is far above though.
??? How can your gross be to low, but the net is above???  The net is the LOWER of them   :)
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's the "adjusted gross" after deductions.

Maybe "net" was not the right word but I cannot edit my post. I meant my gross is above but adjusted is lower.

Edited by Richieboy67