14 Years Today Where Was You

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I was attending the funeral of a friend from my youth, she worked for the Southport Visiter (Newspaper) UK.

Little did I know that the biggest story of the year was about to unfold before my eyes on TV.

A tragic day in the history of America.

May all victims of terror rest in peace.

JB

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, I will never forget.  I was working in downtown San Francisco at the time, at 50 California St., a high rise.  Many of us lived down South and took the Caltrain North into the city everyday.  We had gotten off that train and transferred to the smaller Muni train, and many co-workers were sitting near me.  Our VP was sitting nearby listening to the news on headphones, and all of a sudden he stood up and asked everyone to be quiet.  After a few seconds he then informed us what was known at the time, that one plane had hit the towers.

We proceeded to our offices that were on 40+ floors and more news was coming in.  San Francisco was mentioned as another possible target, and we nervously watched out of the windows.

Everything changed that day.  The world will never be the same.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was Passing the Boardroom at my Company in Gibraltar and I thought they( the Directors) were watching a Movie :no:

it was only when I got to the Admin office I realized it was actual and I was Gobsmacked. RIP all those Good People and a Life of Damnation to those concerned in it's Conspiracy and actions.

JP :tiphat:  Sat here with a tear in his eyes. 

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I was at work in my office ordering supplies when my boss said turn your computer to the news ..... while I was watching the first plane the second one crashed into the building ..... all the guys in the shop were pretty shook up including me .... just like the death of JFK .... I can remember that one too .... we were in the squad bay watching TV .... had just got off guard duty and was taking a few minutes before hitting the sack ....

Some things you just never forget ...

:cheersty:

• Like 5

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was driving when the first plane hit the first tower and I heard the news on the radio. I rushed home to turn the news on and I saw the second plane crash into the second tower. I yelled out very loudly and my EX wife told me not to be so loud.. Part of the reason she is my EX.

That event did change everything and in many ways the terrorists won due to our reaction.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 3

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I was visiting/singing for some Veterans from WWII at the VA Hospital, about 15 of them. There wasn't dry in the that room as we watched in horror!!!

A few of them had to be taken back to their rooms to rest. The rest of us watched in total disbelief! 

Every one of those old veterans were ready to take up arms again!!! 

The nurses were trying to keep some of the Veterans from hearing about the news, worried they would be too upset, all the while, the nurses themselves were crying and trying to control their own emotions. 

I will never forget that day and the way so many reacted at the VA Hospital. 

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I was enraged!  I started lecturing my children about what they were watching on CNN.  It was their wake up call of a modern day version of good vs evil.  I immediately made them aware of their surroundings in school, commuting, in church or just shopping in WalMart.  The hell with political correctness about racial or ethic profiling.  If they look or smell bad, walk away.  And now, look what's happening in those locations.

We had an early chance to kill OBL and his lieutenants gathering at a known terrorist compound in Afghanistan but our ROE (rules of engagement) prevented us because of possible collateral damage.  I was ecstatic when Seal Team 6 had orders to shoot to kill -- to terminate with extreme prejudice.  

Modern day evil is like a Medusa -- you only killed one of many snakes hissing off her head.  Let's face it.....it's the new world order of the worst kind for my children and future generations.

May all the victims and their families rest in peace.  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

I was in a Best Western Motel in San Jose. When I woke up I switched on the TV. Like Jack I thought for a moment I was watching a movie. I switched to another channel just in time to hear a reporter announce that another plane was coming in ....

I was in San Jose to attend a software conference but needless to say this topic dominated the day.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I heard the radio reports, tuning in just after the first plane hit, and I assumed that some enterprising fellow had updated Orson Welles' famous radio version of "The War of the Worlds". Honestly.

• Like 1