Retirement Villa On Panglao

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The price does include exterior and interior finish and fixtures  but not the stove and refrigerator. The perimeter wall is now under construction, we have been told. The price to put a wall around 1,000 sqm will be between a half million and a million pesos, depending largely on how much rock they encounter while digging out the base for the fence.

For a more detailed description of the lot, see the thread in which I offer for sale the part of the land which we don't need:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/22665-lot-for-sale-500-sqm-songculan-panglao-bohol/

stevewool
Posted
Posted

very nice

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

The price does include exterior and interior finish and fixtures  but not the stove and refrigerator. The perimeter wall is now under construction, we have been told. The price to put a wall around 1,000 sqm will be between a half million and a million pesos, depending largely on how much rock they encounter while digging out the base for the fence.

For a more detailed description of the lot, see the thread in which I offer for sale the part of the land which we don't need:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/22665-lot-for-sale-500-sqm-songculan-panglao-bohol/

That's really nice if you plan to live here forever. Even if you don't plan to, it's nice.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
That's really nice if you plan to live here forever.

Cant knock it, its a great looking building, it will be amazing once all done,

But the cost , each to there own i say, but there is no way i could ever afford something that cost so much, our build so far has cost us around £13,000 and maybe another £2000 to finish it, thats around $23000, or just around 1 million peso,

I think i have got a great deal with the build,

I am hoping to build another smaller house just for me a Ems  for cheaper then that price, but we shall have to buy the land ,WHERE i have no idea till we are there,

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yes very nice looking place Guy. If I am correct your sq meter price will be over P30K so quality should be top of the line.

We are just finishing off our more modest build, so many headaches on the way....Be curious to know if your on site or have a trusty contractor.

Our fence covered 850 Sq meters, concrete for 350cm and steel there after was P300K how ever we bought the steel and paid guys on a daily basis.

Will post a few pics some time, one tip is, we did install the solar water heater and its fantastic, even after a week of rain, no sun water is still hot. Apparently the chemical in the glass tubing reacts to daylight. I am thrilled with it.  

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

My place will have a solar water heater as well. I hope it's the same as RBM's.

The contractor was recommended by Mrs. F's best friend from her school days, who handles the company's investment and retirement accounts. Mrs. F's brother has been checking progress and sending photos every 2-3 weeks. He's an electrician and is a very smart guy. He and the Missus visited a few of their projects (both ongoing and completed) before the contract was signed and were satisfied with what they saw.

For the price we are paying we should indeed be getting top-of-the-line everything.

We may be getting gouged on the cost of the fence, but the area is somewhat rocky so that could account for a higher price. The crew building the house is from Cebu but the fence/wall crew are from the neighborhood. Employing locals should generate some good-will for us.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Front of house. Carport and deck are out of frame to the right.

PI%20house%20exterior2_zpsyh54xmid.jpg

The back.

PI%20house%20exterior_zps4ci1xtb0.jpg

On the deck above the carport.

PI%20house%20deck%20amp%20roof_zpsylogfo

Also on the deck,

PI%20house%20deck%20amp%20roof2_zpstq0t1

Doorway to a guest bedroom.

PI%20house%20guest%20room%20door_zpsaobx

• Like 4

jkeenan213
Posted
Posted

Nice.  What are you using for the walls, they look like pre-cast concrete panels?  How do they tie horizontally as the seams are all stacked?  Like the tall windows with set-off transom, thats a neat look.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

How will you do with issolation?