Easy Money!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The program seems to be working.  Easy way for your GF to dump you anonymously and get p2000!  Too bad they don't do this in the U.S.!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bureau-of-immigration-republic-of-the-philippines/four-illegal-aliens-arrested-tip-received-through-bi-informants-program/614530128685698

FOUR ILLEGAL ALIENS ARRESTED Tip received through BI informant’s program

Manila, Philippines – Four overstaying foreign nationals were arrested in separate operations on September 29 and 30 at Tagum City, Cavite, and Marilao, Bulacan.

Gregory Cue King (American), Raynaldo Roman (American), Peter Smith Bjarnason (Kiwi), and Isaac Agyei (Ghanian) were arrested pursuant to the “Sa Immigration Magsumbong” informants program, where concerned private citizens may send information about overstaying or undocumented foreign nationals through a text message. All were found to have no valid stay in the country, in violation of Section 37(a)(7) of the Philippine Immigration Act.

“This indicates strong public involvement in our drive against illegal aliens. Since the inception of the program last year, we were able to arrest 82 foreign nationals,” said BI spokesperson Elaine Tan.

Concerned individuals may send in their tips by texting “SIM <full name of foreign national> <complete address> <name of informant>” to any of the following mobile numbers:

Smart

(0908) 894-6644

Sun

(0932) 894-6644

Globe

(0917) 573-3871

Information leading to the arrest of the foreign national shall entitle the informant to an incentive of Php 2,000.00.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Since the over-stayers are deadbeats who give legitimate staying foreigners a bad name then I am all for it.  Also, the over-stayers who talk about it to Filipinos are just asking to get turned in.  Why anyone knowingly flaunts the law and brags about it is beyond me.

Seems a little harsh to call them all 'deadbeats'.  sh&amp;t happens, and sometimes it happens to decent people.  I've known a few over-stayers, and they were good family men who had medical/financial issues or family problems that prohibited them from making that 16th month visa run.  They paid their fines when they could, took their visa trip, and were welcomed back into the Phils.  I'm just saying that it's unfair to castigate all over-stayers as being bad people.  And if you really want to target a group of foreigners who give us a bad name, look at the sexpats.  They're the one's doing all the damage.  :cheersty:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 I'm just saying that it's unfair to castigate all over-stayers as being bad people.  And if you really want to target a group of foreigners who give us a bad name, look at the sexpats.  They're the one's doing all the damage

Ok.  Point taken.  Its harsh to tar them all with the same brush.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Just remembered I overstayed in January. My new passport was delayed coming back from the UK.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just remembered I overstayed in January. My new passport was delayed coming back from the UK.

post-2148-0-72208400-1444695942_thumb.jp  :hystery:

:thumbsup: Jack

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifnaughty corner.jpg  :hystery:

:thumbsup: Jack

Oh man in the corner again.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Oh man in the corner again.
:hystery:  It'd Ok you can come out on the 21st :thumbsup: