Youtubers Misleading Info

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I watch a lot of youtube videos about the Philippines but what I see more than ever is the popular youtubers giving out either wrong info or bad info In my opinion. One popular guy said this week in his info video that the just arrive in the Philippines and get a 29 day visa. First it's not a visa and second its 30 day visa waiver although you are probably saying whats a day but my point is to give out info you should give correct info.

Then the next guy is showing the Chocolate hills, he says that he thinks they shave the mountains for the tourists, can you imagine the work to trim the trees and mow grass on those hills, WTF.

Next is a haircut in a mall, great only P 100 but gives the barber a P50 tip, half the cost of the service he performed of to which he is getting paid to do.

So what is it? these guys are doing better than forums but the viewer is being misled and generally going to find it's to expensive to live in the Philippines if they go there thinking in the sense of P50 peso is nothing.

:1 (103):

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I understand where you are coming from, but on my first trip to the Phils, i too left to much of a tip when eating in places, yes i understand now but then it was hard leaving something so small to me , Ems words was if you leave to much they then expect others to do the same ,

In the end i gave Ems the money to pay and leave her to tip what she thinks is right,

I do try to give the best advice i can and i also listen to the best advice too

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Then the next guy is showing the Chocolate hills, he says that he thinks they shave the mountains for the tourists, can you imagine the work to trim the trees and mow grass on those hills, WTF.

It does make you smile when you are at places like these and some silly tourist comes along and says stupid things about them when they are standing right next to you,

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Good points and stuff to know.

Yeah, i know some of you brag about 25 peso haircuts.....I get mine for 50 and it's posted on the door.  Air-con and we always have a few laughs about my ever-increasing bald spot.  Shoulder massage and p10 tip.  They welcome me back each time.

But yeah, point taken.  And as I posted here before....be careful where u get your advice.....always consider the source.   :cheersty:

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have a haircut for 50-60. I get a really good neck shave and massage.

I get excellent service and always go to the same guy. I leave him 100 with no change expected. Is that wrong?

If ever on a rare occasion go to another barber, will leave 20.

And as for the Chocolate Hills, I will continue my rant from before. I asked one of the locals how they were formed and he looked at me blankly. There is nothing there to see, except they will change color in different lighting.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I leave him 100 with no change expected. Is that wrong?

Of course not, you left him a dollar, it's only a dollar afterall. Add all those dollars you give away and some wonder why the cost of living is getting higher and their pension does not go far.

As for the Chocolate hills, if you don't appreciate the beauty of the area then good for you, some won't appreciate the view of your piggery but each to their own.  :)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

To me it is the 50cent millionaires that make the problem, We have all been a Tourist somewhere at some times and done the Silly Tourist thing but it is not the Norm and Living anywhere is so very Different to Visiting.

I personally don't read much now about here, I live it and to my Reasoning.

I leave all the Paying out to My wife and like many others she is No ones Fool.

On tipping, for me, it is a Gratuity not a right but we have been here before so I will not go there.

Jack post-2148-0-66645500-1444525789.png

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I saw that vlogger, JGF. He also has a $30/hr consultation fee offer for any subscriber who wishes to avail of his services regarding anything related to the Philippines. I believe he landed there in the Phl about 3 years ago.

• Like 2