How Was The Job Hunt For You Guys?

Iainsane
Posted
Posted

So finding work here can be a bit of a pain right? How did you guys navigate the employment war-zone here in the Philippines? I have a few horror stories if anybody is interested.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I gave up work as a bad Habit  :thumbsup:  At most of our Ages, we kinda do things like that

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

So finding work here can be a bit of a pain right? How did you guys navigate the employment war-zone here in the Philippines? I have a few horror stories if anybody is interested.

Hello Iainsane,

Many of the guys here are either retired or just waiting for their pension to kick in.  Some took an adventure of their lifetime and went to PI, just to get away from all the BS in their home country.  Most of us fell deeply in love and are living the good life they never had before.

As far as seeking employment, we would love to hear your attempts to fit in the Filipino work environment.  Different culture could mean different work ethics and people to people communications skills (or lack thereof).

Welcome aboard young man, respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As far as seeking employment, we would love to hear your attempts to fit in the Filipino work environment.

On a Negative Note a Little maybe  but  Certainly how you will cope on the Pittance anyone will Pay You

Hey! Just saying before you all jump over me post-2148-0-95145700-1444714890.png

Jackpost-2148-0-24743400-1444714933.png

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

JOB HUNT, its taking me all my time to find out the proper way of trying to live there, i wont have time for so called payed work

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Isn't "work" a dirty four letter word :unsure:

Only for those that dont need it

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Only hunting I do is for my polident tablets in the evening :hystery:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

As far as I know most employments of foreigners are within teaching or Call Centers.

Or employed by a company stationed ABROAD, working through Internet, so the work can be done from anywhere.

(Other foreigners work with own businesses, but that's not employment   :)