Canadian Election Day Is 19 October.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For those getting their money from Canada, do you think it would be wise to send money over now, before this election or wait until after the dust has settled?

I can currently get about 34.5 pesos to the CDN dollar so will that go up or down after the election?  Any financial wizards care to chime in on this?

• Like 1

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

I don't think the election will effect the dollar rate. It will stay around 34 to 35 for a while.

Jake
Posted
Posted

For those getting their money from Canada, do you think it would be wise to send money over now, before this election or wait until after the dust has settled?

I can currently get about 34.5 pesos to the CDN dollar so will that go up or down after the election?  Any financial wizards care to chime in on this?

Since I have a BS degree in BS, may I suggest you research the last major election and see how the Canadian dollar behaved when a certain party won the last monarchy.  Perhaps the upcoming candidate has a Filipina girlfriend(s), which would improve the Filipina-Canadian relationship immensely......he, he.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Since I have a BS degree in BS, may I suggest you research the last major election and see how the Canadian dollar behaved when a certain party won the last monarchy.  Perhaps the upcoming candidate has a Filipina girlfriend(s), which would improve the Filipina-Canadian relationship immensely......he, he.

As an alternative you just go the simple way and toss a coin.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Depends how much garbage they can move to the Philippines after the election.

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

We voted in advance on the 12th.  Didn't give the exchange much thought.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I can currently get about 34.5 pesos to the CDN dollar so will that go up or down after the election?

So its 5 hours before the polls begin reporting and financial analysts are suggesting a minority government which would weaken the exchange rate of the Canadian Dollar.  Great.  Just what I needed.  But I shall wait and see if the 'experts' know what they are talking about.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2015/10/19/Investors-may-face-rough-ride-if-Canadian-election-leads-to-political-instability/

canadamale
Posted
Posted

just voted, now to enjoy a cup of joe and see if my man is elected or reelected as the case may be.. Now I can turn my attention to the Phil election and see if I can defer whom is whom and what they might stand for. Also the American election has an effect on the Canadian economy so that I will also be fallowing there. the Canadian election campaign has been a long one and the americans with there primaries and such seems to go on  forever. I have some American friends who think Trump is the next coming, I do not see it and actually find it a little scary. For now I am fallowing Jeb Bush but time will tell. Like in the PH election I have no vote so it is mostly entertainment value for me. I do get to influence the gf in PH elections tho.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
MONTREAL/CALGARY (Reuters) - Canada's Liberal leader Justin Trudeau rode a late surge to a stunning majority election victory on Monday, toppling Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservatives with a promise of change and returning a touch of glamour, youth and charisma to Ottawa.

http://news.yahoo.com/canada-pm-harper-risk-east-coast-swings-left-004225431.html

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

MONTREAL/CALGARY (Reuters) - Canada's Liberal leader Justin Trudeau rode a late surge to a stunning majority election victory on Monday, toppling Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservatives with a promise of change and returning a touch of glamour, youth and charisma to Ottawa.

http://news.yahoo.com/canada-pm-harper-risk-east-coast-swings-left-004225431.html

Echoes the Spanish turnaround of 2002 after the Madrid bombings. To me and I am not normally an Outspoken Political type, I think the Electorate have had enough, in Most Countries. People can be Fickle but when enough is enough post-2148-0-25771700-1445325709.png They can be devastatingly different. ( At least I think I that's what I mean)  :)

Jackpost-2148-0-25771700-1445325709.png