Need Help With My Dad

helpfromBoston
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,
My name is Aaron. I live in New Hampshire in the US. My father was living in the PI and has had a stroke. He wants to come home but is not capable of getting from Cebu to Manila. We have the money, he just needs help with making sure he gets on the right plane to Manila so we can get him home. Is there anyone that can help? He is in a town about an hour south of Cebus center.

Edited by scott h

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess the US Embassy or consulate personnel cannot provide assistance on a special case like this, at least to Manila?  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think Aaron just wants someone to to make sure the Dad gets on the right plane in Manila. Depending on the severity of the stroke, the Dad could be OK unaccompanied on the long flight to the US. He should get clearance to fly from a doctor.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 3

helpfromBoston
Posted
Posted

He is physically ok. The stroke impacted his parts of his brain that have left him unable to read, spell, etc. he has clearance to fly and I have found a flight that runs Cebu-Manilla-Jfk. Just need assistance getting him to the airport and to the right terminal

• Like 1

william_c
Posted
Posted

Are there no direct international flights to LAX from CEB airport? If no, the airlines should be able to wheelchair him from the CEB flight to his terminal check-in to waiting area? And yes, a doctors note may be required depending on his condition, e.g. able to walk or stand. Need to have an honest discussion with Philippine Airlines prior to purchasing tickets.

Just my $0.02

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Am in Manila myself so some ideas.

Does your Dad Facebook? If you have his password you can see if any of his friends are local but unaware of his situation.

Is he a member or a fraternal organization like rotary or masons? If he is I am sure the local branch would help a "brother" member.

Does your Dad have a wife/girlfriend/partner here. Are you in contact with her?

Embassy? I doubt they would help but they might have contacts of one group or another.

Church? If he is a member of a congregation here. I have not doubt in my mind that they would get him to the airport etc. once they know the needs.

Good luck. :cheersty:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Easy solution.  Used it for my Mum.  Have someone wheel him up to the gate in a wheelchair and tell them he needs assistance.  They will push him to the front of all the lines and ease him through all the bureaucracy.  They really do take care of wheelchair people on Philippine Airlines so book a ticket with them all the way through, business class if you can afford it, and let them take care of it.

Edit:  He will need to take care of ECC and Travel tax and Visas if applicable before they let him leave.  But if all that is taken care of then it will be a breeze.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Have someone wheel him up to the gate

I think that's the thing Dave, (putting words in OP's mouth here so forgive me HFB) someone to pick up his Dad and get him to the gate.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My father was living in the PI
someone to pick up his Dad and get him to the gate.

Doesn't he have any friends?  One would think that anyone living here would have someone who would go with him to the airport.  If its me I would not want a total stranger off the Internet coming to get me after I had a stroke, I would want someone I know to help out.

• Like 5