Nice Place To Eat In Cebu And Possibly Propose Needed :)

davewe
Posted
Posted

Well your favourite medic is going to finally settle down. I am looking for some suggestions as where to propose. I was thinking somewhere where we could have a nice dinner as well.

Any suggestions?

We did it at Lantaw Floating restaurant in Mactan. I think there's another one at Tops. Nice atmosphere and decent food.

Congrats!

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave, yep the Lantaw restaurants were also on my short list. I am actually really leaning towards Mactan.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Just propose to her the same place most other expats do...the OB/GYN!    :lol:   But seriously, I would vote for the Lighthouse if there hadn't been a shooting there recently, so I will go with Lantaw.  And congratulations!   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Forget the expensive meal! Just shoot her a Facebook message or an email. :)

• Like 2

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Circa 1900 in Cebu

Abaca in Mactan

Both great venues with great food

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Casa Verde

• 2 weeks later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

Hmm well depends on how you look at it, jollibee's is popular  :) and easier to escape from is she said no or for a nice setting perhaps Circa 1900. Have not been there but is owned by Aussie chef and looks nice. You could propose in the garden.    https://www.facebook.com/CircaCebu/timeline

Good suggestion, Circa 1900 was actually on my short list as well. Of course there is always Jollibee's....always a classy place to propose :).

Mike I cannot think of a better choice. Wonderful food and service, for us we always sit outside as so peaceful. It's not cheap but well worth it.

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Dave, yep the Lantaw restaurants were also on my short list. I am actually really leaning towards Mactan.

If you go the Mactan route, you should realize that it's quite a taxi ride and that in the evening it's difficult if not impossible to get a taxi back, so most people have their taxis wait for them. Because of the occasion we took much more time than usual for dinner and by the time we got out and went to our taxi he asked for more cash than had been negotiated. I agreed that the extra length of time justified the extra pesos. Besides, I was newly engaged and had money to burn :)

Edited by davewe
  • Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Mike this is an excellent post, please be sure to advise where you end up and how it was. I just made another post Re a vege resto which could perhaps join here. Was not sure, if mods decide to include it here please do.

I welcome other members to also post favorites.

For me it remains circa 1900 where we head tonight, followed by the private old Spanish in Fairlane Village.

• Like 1