Burger King Comes To Bacolod

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this has been announced yet or not but Burger King will be opening a store in SM Bacolod near Kenny Roosters north wing ..... if it is anything like the one we tried in Manila it will be a far cry from the ones in the US ..... but at least we will now have choices ..... no date as to when it will open .... 

Also Vikings has now opened in SM but very expensive as lunch is p588 per person for lunch ..... supper and holidays is more .... but the place is huge and people lining up outside the entrance to be seated ..... may give it a try once all the hype is over ......  :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The BK here in Subic is good enough.  What I think they are lacking is good fresh veggies for the burgers.  I had a whopper at the airport in Hong Kong and it was better (if memory serves correctly) than any I had in the U.S. because it had excellent fresh lettuce and tomatoes.

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this has been announced yet or not but Burger King will be opening a store in SM Bacolod near Kenny Roosters north wing ..... if it is anything like the one we tried in Manila it will be a far cry from the ones in the US ..... but at least we will now have choices ..... no date as to when it will open .... 

Also Vikings has now opened in SM but very expensive as lunch is p588 per person for lunch ..... supper and holidays is more .... but the place is huge and people lining up outside the entrance to be seated ..... may give it a try once all the hype is over ......  :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

WooooHoooo!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

i haven't tried it yet but Burger King introduced its latest creation for 2015 Halloween:

post-686-0-14276900-1446274527_thumb.jpg

News article states;

Black burger goes in. Green poop comes out?  That seems to be the case with Burger King's Halloween Whopper. It turns out the most frightening part of the holiday sandwich might not be the black bun — tinted with A.1. Steak Sauce — but its effect on a person's poo.

And according to the curious diners who've tried the burger, their dookie turned vividly, neon green.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Hopefully next time I am in Bacolod it will be open.  The one thing that amazes me about our McDo's is the fresh veggies.  Crisp lettuce, and big, red tomatoes!  Hopefully BK will do the same.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I still think the best burgers by far I have tasted are from 'Flamers', a chain in Cebu. They are in SM by the cinema and I think in Ayala as well as other places. They might have other branches nationwide as well.

Ken

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

i haven't tried it yet but Burger King introduced its latest creation for 2015 Halloween:

attachicon.gifBurger King Halloween Whopper.jpg

News article states;

Black burger goes in. Green poop comes out?  That seems to be the case with Burger King's Halloween Whopper. It turns out the most frightening part of the holiday sandwich might not be the black bun — tinted with A.1. Steak Sauce — but its effect on a person's poo.

And according to the curious diners who've tried the burger, their dookie turned vividly, neon green.

Just the look of that burger puts me off 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Maybe a tad of topic but Mike I am amazed the size of the SM mall Bacolod. We were there yeasterday, also had a look at Vikings but was kinda busy, how does one navigate around that mall. Took us for ever to find the car....be a job to find Burger King as well.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The biggest problem is it is spit in two by the 4 lane road (6 lanes if you drive a jeepney .... :hystery: ) so you have the north and south wing with more construction going on as we speak ..... the addition of the cyberzone and food court on the 2nd floor was a welcome sight as it kinda combines some stores to one location .... the SM grocery store and cinema is on one wing while the cyberzone .... food court and big auditorium and SM department store is on the other ..... there are two aircon enclosed walk ways on the 2nd floor that tie both the north and south wings together over the road .... when we first moved here it wasn't near as large but it is coming along nicely ..... can't wait for the new expansion ..... you will notice plenty of free parking all around the mall with lots of entrances .... you just gotta remember which one you came in .... :hystery: ..... it sure beats Robinsons and Ayala hands down ... JMHO

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I am amazed we don't have Burger King or some fast food place on Bantayan. No Jollebee, Chow King, no nothing :)