Was I Scammed At Naia?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A few years ago I flew from Bangkok to Cebu with a connecting flight in NAIA manila. On the return trip they made me leave by the exit so as I had to pay another terminal fee there as well as Cebu. Is this the way they do things there or was it a scam?

It was the only time I have ever used Manila NAIA so I don`t know the procedure but I would have thought that as it was a connecting flight I should not have had to pay.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It Depends who you were Flying With

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

No, not a scam, just a pain in the PITA. If you are flying with PAL you need to leave the International terminal and re-enter the Domestic one, or vice versa, even if you are on a connecting flight. If it was Cebu Pacific then you would have to leave arrivals and go upstairs to departures. As you are referring to a few years ago, in both cases, you would have to pay the terminal fee. Now, though, the terminal fee is included in the price of your ticket from Cebu or Manila and possibly some other airports also. In our case, Cagayan de Oro, we still need to pay the 200php terminal fee.

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It Depends who you were Flying With

I was flying with PAL

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

No, not a scam, just a pain in the PITA. If you are flying with PAL you need to leave the International terminal and re-enter the Domestic one, or vice versa, even if you are on a connecting flight. If it was Cebu Pacific then you would have to leave arrivals and go upstairs to departures. As you are referring to a few years ago, in both cases, you would have to pay the terminal fee. Now, though, the terminal fee is included in the price of your ticket from Cebu or Manila and possibly some other airports also. In our case, Cagayan de Oro, we still need to pay the 200php terminal fee.

Ken

Ok well that sort of makes it not a scam but it aint right just another charge from under the table as such.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Ken

Ok well that sort of makes it not a scam but it aint right just another charge from under the table as such.

I agree, but at least you don't need to queue to pay it now its included in the price of the ticket. I think most airports around the world have something similar, certainly in the UK. It's called Air Passenger Duty there. It's just included in the price of the ticket.

Ken

• Like 3