Petition Time!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was told though that I should be able to have my wife insured quickly by sending documents to prove identity and income upon arrival. I was told they will expedite due to the pregnancy.

Richie, if the baby is Due July, I hope things go speedily for you as To close and I forget how many weeks, they may not let her Fly! Hope you can get all done by Mid May as time flys ( Ooops sorry about the Pun.) :thumbsup:

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack,

The baby is due in June actually so if we fail our interview in 2 weeks we will have to have the baby here. Most airlines do not allow you to fly after 7 months but if the doctor says it is ok then some women still do. It is not like the airline will ask for proof or anything.

Hopefully the interview ill go smoothly and we will have our visa by March 15 and we can fly out by March 20. :)

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Just a little progress update.

We or actually my wife completed the St Luke's medical requirements today. It took about 4 hours yesterday and about 5 today.

The interview at the embassy is next week.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes to actually obtain the visa if the interview is successful?

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My wife took 5 days after her interview. She gave the embassy the preferred LBC office she was going to pick it up. They texted her when it was ready. It all works real smooth.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, we were semi successful. My wife had the interview today at the US Embassy in Manila and we got a 221g. I am very confused.

Background:

I the petitioner and my father was to be the joint sponsor because my income is not high enough. I filled out an i864 for me and one for my father and I did an i864a.

The name I crossed out is for my father.
This is what we got today:

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

From a Qualified Joint Sponsor: of #############

- Signed Affidavit of Support (I-864) from . Please be aware that photocopied and scanned copies of the completed I-864 will not be accepted.

- W-2 Form(s) for ##################

- Affidavit of Support (I-864A) with original signatures from ############mother Part 5 should be signed by the Qualified Joint Sponsor. The form may be downloaded at http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864a.pdf. Please be aware that photocopied and scanned copies of the completed I-864A will not be accepted.

FROM APPLICANT(S)

- Proof of Petitioner's U.S. Domicile

OTHERS:

Proof of domicile in U.S. / intent to move, plans, etc.

----------------------------------

What do they mean by Joint sponsor of my father? His income is more than enough. Why are they bringing my mother in? I am not sure if they joint filed..That may be why. Can anyone assist me? I am ready to jump out my hotel window. 

Thanks

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Rich,

I can't speak to the specifics of your 221G. What I can confirm is that we received a 221G. We had to get an additional NBI clearance for my wife. Once we had that we sent it to the Embassy following the Embassy's instructions using 2go. Once they received the document the visa was issued. So if they still have your wife's passport it is still possible for you to get the visa once you complete the additional requirements.

Good luck!

Earthdome

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Richie. Can you afford to stay here a bit longer?

Having the baby here is a reasonable option.

From birth to getting a US Passport in hand is about 4 months by my calculation.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Yes they still have the passport. I think of we submit the documents we will be fine. I think I have figured out the mistakes.

Has anyone used 2go? I want to have documents shipped from the USA to 2go so I can pick them up. How does this work?

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hope not to have to do that. Plus even then we will still need to get everything correct.

I think from lack of sleep and stress I really have been over thinking this. There was a typo on my father's i864 which is probably why they didn't take it. The wording in the email they sent confused me though. I think if we send that corrected along with the i864a from my mother we will be fine. My folks do not get w2s anymore so I'll include 1099 and a letter stating why they do not get w2.  I'll include a copy of my car registration and some bills to proof my residence there and I'll write a letter with my plans for going to the USA. Hopefully that will do it.

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Don't jump Richie.

I believe you are correct about the mother as joint sponsor if they filed a joint tax return. A really good place to ask questions about your situation is www.worldtheworldoffilipinas.com.  You should get quick and accurate answers there. 

Ref: Richie said,  " Most airlines do not allow you to fly after 7 months but if the doctor says it is ok then some women still do. It is not like the airline will ask for proof or anything."

If wife is looking real pregnant they may ask for a letter from a doctor clearing travel or deny boarding. It depends on the airline and who feels powerful that day.  Best check ahead when you get to that point. 

BEST OF LUCK. 

• Like 1