New Camera

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'll try to get a few indoor low light photos later but here's some underwater ones. The air bubbles on my partner diving shows the quality. Taken in about 30ft depth.

Can you borrow a couple of small children and have them try to sit still in the low light conditions?  :smile:  I need a camera that will freeze them in all conditions!

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2017 at 8:02 AM, OnMyWay said:

Can you borrow a couple of small children and have them try to sit still in the low light conditions?  :smile:  I need a camera that will freeze them in all conditions!

Well, I'm back to using my 10 year old Panasonic TZ-7, but it is not waterproof / shockproof.   My daughter broke the little door that covers the battery and SD slot, but no worries.  It still takes very sharp photos outdoors or indoors with the flash.  My expectations of finding a camera that can take good indoor photos of children without a flash are probably unrealistic.

My two munchkins were in a smiley mood tonight so here are a couple of pics with the flash.

P1330947 (2).JPG P1330955 (2).JPG

P1330945 (2).JPG P1330946 (2).JPG

P1330956 (2).JPG

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had forgotten that my Panasonic TZ-7 could take some really nice shots.  It was top of the line when I bought it in 2006 with 10 mp and a 10X optical zoom.  This shot was taken from about 10 feet away then I cropped it some more on the computer.

P1330978 (2).JPG  P1330978 (3).JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'll just continue my old thread on my new camera.  New camera #2.

I bought a Panasonic DMC-FT6 Tough camera last night at a place called UrbanGiz.  They have a store at MOA where I saw it first, but they wanted more at the MOA store.  They also carry the Olympus TG-4 but it is p26,500.  The FT-6 was only 17,500 with a good memory card and case thrown in, and they let me use a credit card.

I did a lot of research and now my worry is, will it leak?  It is the same as the U.S. model TS6 on Amazon.  I looked at reviews of all the major tough cameras on Amazon.  Olympus, Canon, Nikon and Panasonic.  If you look at the 1 star reviews, most of them say something like "leaked first time", etc.  All of the brands.  So all I can do it be very careful with the  little door and hope for the best.  I don't have any immediate plans to take it in the water.

Here are pics taken this morning.  No post-processing, all taken in auto mode.  It looks like it does well in indoor low light.

From the car, our main highway at 0720 rush hour.           Dredging barge, full wide

P1000009 (2).JPG  P1000012_(2).JPG

Dredging barge, full optical zoom (x4.6)                                    Full digital zoom (x9.3)

P1000013_(2).JPG  P1000015_(2).JPG

Yacht harbor                                                                                          Flower

P1000016_(2).JPG  P1000019_(2).JPG

Poinsettia                                                                                                 Dead cats

P1000020_(2).JPG  P1000021_(2).JPG

Little munchkin in very low light indoor conditions

P1000031_(2).JPG

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'll just continue my old thread on my new camera.  New camera #2.

I bought a Panasonic DMC-FT6 Tough camera last night at a place called UrbanGiz

<SNIP>

I did a lot of research and now my worry is, will it leak?  It is the same as the U.S. model TS6 on Amazon. 

The Panasonic FT-4. FT-5 and FT-6 are all very similar looking cameras in a body that looks almost identical.

I bought an FT-4 in 2012 and it's still in good working order (although I replaced the battery at one point).

I've never gone swimming with it but it's been used in very heavy rain without any issues.

I'd be careful of salt water or chlorinated swimming pool water but other than that you should be fine.

• Like 2