How Much Is Enough

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just reading a little here and its about Steve Job a very clever man and a very very rich man too, but what has all this wealth gave him , yep the same as everyone death,

Now i am not being morbid here but we all go sooner or later , the later the better in my eyes, but it comes down that question again , how much do you want to be happy, 

I asked Ems this and she said its me , you are wanting this and that , but then i fired it straight back , well Ems i have told you we have enough to live and safe, well nearly anyway,

Well just another year is what i got back, so who is kidding who, me thinking we have enough or Ems not ready at all, or has Ems turned into a rich western style women now,

The great plan we had together is still on going infact the plan has been reduced by two years so we are on target , hay ho time for work , well Ems work should i say

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
has Ems turned into a rich western style women now,

Morning Steve :tiphat:

Welcome to the club :hystery:

As my late buddy always use to say......When you are courting them you could eat them...after you marry them you wish you had.

But dont you just love them....

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Steve, Like most things, Money, Aggravation, Problems over silly things, you will, like most of us that carp on here, you are going to  have to learn to say HEY! ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

Now Steve Start Packing OK?

Jack :thumbsup:

Little Edit, cos I'm Hungry. :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Jack you are a mind reader, we are getting ready to pack for our holidays , but we must make sure this time we dont leave the cases on the bed :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well just another year is what i got back, so who is kidding who, me thinking we have enough or Ems not ready at all, or has Ems turned into a rich western style women now,

Nope.  She's as filipina as they come.  Ask any filipina how much is enough and the reply will start be: just a little bit more.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well i would not change her one bit, and as she says just another year, thats 12 pay days, We shall see, i have my thoughts Ems has hers too, compromise springs to mind, or is that another word  HER WAY ,

• Like 5

BobP
Posted
Posted

I will tell you what guys....y'all are definitely getting my attention with all of your stories and comments!

Keep the good and bad stories/comments coming!  

Knowledge is power.

BobP

:cheersty:

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

When I have lost most of my cognitive functions and mobility, that will be enough for me.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

There were studies conducted on this specific issue in a documentary called "Happy". It's been awhile since I saw the film, but I recall that once you have enough money to cover your basic necessities, there exists a diminishing return for any money you have above that amount. In other words, rich people weren't necessarily happier than poorer people as long as their basic needs were covered.

The studies showed that there are other aspects that are more important (than money) that contributes to one's overall sense of happiness, like loving relationships, family, friends, and free time to do the things you really enjoy doing.

Makes sense to me, but I still want a lot of money when I retire!

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Has anyone ever noticed that as soon as you have enough for anything, you start to spend more than you normally would so we go back to not enough. A bit like you have a low budget for the rest of the month and some how you end up spending more than you expected.

Just saying :unsure:

Jack :rolleyes:

• Like 1