stevewool
Posted
Posted

So what you are saying then if i married a orphan i would be rich :rolleyes:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Steve! whose quote is this related to? If it was Mine, that is a common belief but even orphans have skeletons in Cupboards. My post related to our Budget always seems to include a Family outlay somewhere, however unintentional 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Steve! whose quote is this related to? If it was Mine, that is a common belief but even orphans have skeletons in Cupboards. My post related to our Budget always seems to include a Family outlay somewhere, however unintentional 

It was just thrown in as a little pun,

I am sure that there are loads more family members out there that even Emma dont know,

When we was there the last time some god children must have known we was there so they came with there friends and some even came with there parents too,

It we make the Phils our home maybe we shall go on holiday at Xmas time abroad , could work out cheaper

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It was just thrown in as a little pun,

I am sure that there are loads more family members out there that even Emma dont know,

When we was there the last time some god children must have known we was there so they came with there friends and some even came with there parents too,

It we make the Phils our home maybe we shall go on holiday at Xmas time abroad , could work out cheaper

Now you are thinking along the right lines here My friend  :)

robert k
Posted
Posted

Well just another year is what i got back, so who is kidding who, me thinking we have enough or Ems not ready at all, or has Ems turned into a rich western style women now,

Nope.  She's as filipina as they come.  Ask any filipina how much is enough and the reply will start be: just a little bit more.

Fairly close the quote from Howard Hughes when asked how much money is enough? Just a little bit more! It didn't really work out well for him, people injecting him with drugs and they didn't even care that they broke off needles in his arm.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Fairly close the quote from Howard Hughes

I got curious about that and Google says it was said by John D Rockefeller too so Howard stole it from him and the filipinas stole it from Howard and who knows who should get the credit for the original quote?

John D. Rockefeller, an Ohio native, started Standard Oil.  Rockefeller was at one point the world’s richest man and first ever American billionaire.  Considering he was a billionaire in the early 1900’s he is still considered as the richest person in modern history.  When a reporter asked him, “How much money is enough?” He responded, “Just a little bit more.”

robert k
Posted
Posted

Fairly close the quote from Howard Hughes

I got curious about that and Google says it was said by John D Rockefeller too so Howard stole it from him and the filipinas stole it from Howard and who knows who should get the credit for the original quote?

John D. Rockefeller, an Ohio native, started Standard Oil.  Rockefeller was at one point the world’s richest man and first ever American billionaire.  Considering he was a billionaire in the early 1900’s he is still considered as the richest person in modern history.  When a reporter asked him, “How much money is enough?” He responded, “Just a little bit more.”

I wonder how it ended for Rockefeller? Better than Hughes I hope.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Domino22
Posted
Posted

As a single male I think I could live nice under $1,000.00 a month in the PI. But that said I am planning on $1,500.00 and a large backup that I could tap as needed. But I am going to retire early and have to cover cover 3 or 4 years before I tap my SS. With SS I think I can save $ and live nice for a single male. Now add a SO that will screw up my plan but doable.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It sure will.

• Like 3