Here Is A Strange One For You U.s. Navy Guys!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I found this letter in the street in front of my house.  It appears to be a cover letter for a "Joint Meritorious Unit Award", dated 1992, given to a female bartender!

Note that the word "pleasure" was underlined in red.

Thoughts?

I blurred out the names.  It probably came out of someone's trash as it was trash day today.

post-1784-0-22400900-1447659854_thumb.jp

• Like 3

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

That's a bit odd but anyone who lived there back in the day knows those were different times.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Everyone serves in their own way :tiphat:

• Like 1

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

The dates on the citation are right about the time that the US bases were closing here. Probably was issued to the lady after being a long term employee at one of the base clubs when they had to let her go and close up shop.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I found this letter in the street in front of my house.  It appears to be a cover letter for a "Joint Meritorious Unit Award", dated 1992, given to a female bartender!

Note that the word "pleasure" was underlined in red.

Thoughts?

I blurred out the names.  It probably came out of someone's trash as it was trash day today.

attachicon.gifNavy Letter.jpg

I am not surprised that an MUA written by the base commander to his favorite female bartender (probably at Cubi Point O Club) was the highlight of her career.  Just like the Top Gun O Club at Miramar, the Cubi Point hang out was full of party animals ever since the 'Nam days.  Nothing but ALFA male navy and marine pilots having fun, knowing that they may not come back.  

It is a timely award for the bartender, who grew up with these young studs and now was closing the bar for one last time.  Take a look at the date....SEPT 1992.  A year after Mt Pinatubo eruption where Clark AFB and Subic Bay Naval Station were forced to shut down.

Good times behind closed doors.....only the base commander and his favorite bartender shared those secrets of lasting mammaries memories.  Go Navy.......he, haw.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My first, and last, visit to Subic was right before the base closed (last quarter of '92).   We had a blast, wished we got more visits. 

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I am not surprised that an MUA written by the base commander to his favorite female bartender (probably at Cubi Point O Club) was the highlight of her career. Just like the Top Gun O Club at Miramar, the Cubi Point hang out was full of party animals ever since the 'Nam days. Nothing but ALFA male navy and marine pilots having fun, knowing that they may not come back. It is a timely award for the bartender, who grew up with these young studs and now was closing the bar for one last time. Take a look at the date....SEPT 1992. A year after Mt Pinatubo eruption where Clark AFB and Subic Bay Naval Station were forced to shut down. Good times behind closed doors.....only the base commander and his favorite bartender shared those secrets of lasting mammaries memories. Go Navy.......he, haw.

Thanks Jake for answering his question .... ya know being a jarhead we were only allowed to deliver messages ...... not read them .... :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Good times behind closed doors.....only the base commander and his favorite bartender shared those secrets of lasting mammaries memories. Go Navy.......he, haw.

Thanks Jake for answering his question .... ya know being a jarhead we were only allowed to deliver messages ...... not read them .... :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

Throughout the history of USMC, I really like how you guys deliver messages.  At a distance of 500+ yards out, a head shot bulls eye from your baby, the M-14 assault rifle.  Jarheads -- expert marksman at a ripe old age of 19.  Nothing like a pissed off 19 year old Marine to get the job done.....he, he.

• Like 1