Motorcross Off Roading

tothemark
Posted
Posted

Planning on coming over from Bkk circa 15th Dec for a bit of off roading round Cebu/bohol. Preferably 250cc four strokes and above.

Does anyone know any clubs or tours i can contact, ive seen Philippines off road adventures advertising, but surely there must be a load more companies.

Failing that Im hoping to hook up with some club members.

Cheers,

TTM

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome Mark, seems we might not have a lot of Motocross guys here, so I took the liberty of googling Offroad phillipines found some stuff, but no real clubs per se.

Filipinos as a whole really are not known for outdoor leisure activities. I do know there are some "adventure" parks around where folks can rent 4 wheelers and put put motor bikes to ride trails.

Now this is just my experience, others hopefully will Know different. There really isn't a lot of public land around that you can just go motoing across. and if you find a place someone will  usually charge for the privilege of riding there.

Again welcome and I really hope we get some better answers for you.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

There are quite a few Filipino groups in Cebu that partake regularly in week end off road riding. Nothing to organised just locals that get together and go riding.

I was a keen member of the Green trail Riders until moving away from Cebu. Mostly trail riding which we still do here in Negros. If you contact the club heros Cebu based they will be able steer you in the right direction.

Also professional moto X is pretty good here, teams travel around the country competing, quite a few foreigners also involved/ Was able to view one recently at our fiesta and very impressed with the high standard.

Are you planing to buy a bike here? 

Bit off topic but the little XRM drag bikes 160cc were amazingly quick over 250 meters, average weight rider and bike was under 100KG, all about power to weight. Sadly one young fellow was killed in front of me. Total safety gear, cheap helmet, flip flops shorts T shirts and these bikes are quick......This was an organised event........

• Like 2