Crime Level At Palawan ?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have never been to Palawan, but have switched to have that as favorite settle place because of least nature hazzards of the biger islands and more thinking of environment there.

Do anyone know more/other than this I found concerning CRIME at Palawan ? :

/The crime statistic did show DECRESED amount of crimes a two years ago, then UP 800 % suddenly. But that depended of they changed the counting method, started including all small crimes, earlier handled by each baranggay. So that don't say much about crime level...  :)

/It's an "open" prison in Roxas, Palawan, but it seem popular among the criminals, so I don't know if it have any effect at crime level at Palawan.  Perhaps some do crime to be PLACED there  :lol:  not needing to worry about geting food and room.

/The tourist industry boomed VERY much recent years but did "only" exband 5-7 % last year. Critics to the highest politicians say this have made many tricycle and tourist boat drivers got to litle to do, so they got time for drugs.

/Critics too high officials say they protect other high positioned (in Puerta Princessa) using gun under drug influence, and the body of a raped and murdered young woman was removed by armed group and disapeared before autopsy had been done... :bash: 

/No guerila  (?)

/The very popular TOURIST municipaly El Nido show in the statistic ZERO crimes in a year. I don't believe that's true :mocking:    

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We know for a fact crime statistics have a history of being "adjusted" by the PNP all the way down to local stations.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I read in a traveling forum a foreigner, who LIVE there since many years, said it's no big problem, but that was 3 years ago.

I forgot to tell

/Pickpocketing have become a big problem at Palawan, increesing much since the tourist industry exbanded much.

A saw a "western" department for foreign affairs warning they expect kidnappings will increese GEOGRAPHICALY by the gangs doing it SouthWest Mindanao have got capacity and believe planning to do it at resorts and other costal places at WHOLE Mindanao as well as perhaps Siquilor, south parts of Negros and perhaps even south parts of Palawan.

But I don't worry about pickpocketing,

but about VIOLENT crimes aiming at foreigners.

Is anyone living at Palawan or visited during the last years?

chris49
Posted
Posted

But I don't worry about pickpocketing, but about VIOLENT crimes aiming at foreigners

Thomas. Crime is a problem throughout the Philippines.

Violent crime against foreigners does not happen frequently, nor is it higher in various regions. Except for the caveat that more foreigners are in Cebu, Angeles, Olongapo and resort areas like Boracay and Palawan.

There are no reports on the news to verify what you are saying, except that if there are more foreigners there might be more incidence of crime. Rural Palawan away from the resorts may in fact be an excellent place to live with no more deterrent than other areas.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Violent crime against foreigners does not happen frequently, nor is it higher in various regions. Except for the caveat that more foreigners are in Cebu, Angeles, Olongapo and resort areas like Boracay and Palawan.
That seem good enough for me, although ONE violent crime can be enough to finnish me off  :)

First I though of the north part of Palawan, because I like e g the sound there, but to many tourists like it too  :boohoo:  so I need to be elsewhere, ptobably inland somewhere south of Puerta Princessa.

There are no reports on the news to verify what you are saying, except that if there are more foreigners there might be more incidence of crime. Rural Palawan away from the resorts may in fact be an excellent place to live with no more deterrent than other areas.
All I wrote above is ONLY from online news articles and such, because I don't have any of "My Spy" at Palawan.

The only "insider" information I have from Palawan is from a Filipina, who have relatives living there, but her English is bad, so it's hard to get facts through her.

My question arised though by she told her relatives will MOVE from Puerta Princessa, Palawan, back home to Cental Luzon, "because of much crime where they live now". 

The foreign husband to the sister earn good enough to only bother to work half year, so I suppouse they live in one of the suppoused to be nicer parts of Puerta Princessa. Perhaps they live in same part as the high positioned drug influenced shooter, who news told is protected by even highrer, so they BELIEVE whole Palawan is to dangerous   :)

The FIRST I did read when I made an internet search was a webzine telling about the 800 % crime statistic raise,

BUT in an OTHER place at Internet I found the explaination they had changed what they count.

So I believe I will dare to settle there  :)   if no one know any bad facts.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

I enjoyed a few days there last year, visited the tourist places without incidences.

Places visited were very clean and no litter in sight.

Quite liked the place, but situations can change, check out the local newspapers

they will give you information on reported crime.http://www.palawantimes.com/

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
The only "insider" information I have from Palawan is from a Filipina, who have relatives living there, but her English is bad, so it's hard to get facts through her. My question arised though by she told her relatives will MOVE from Puerta Princessa, Palawan, back home to Cental Luzon, "because of much crime where they live now".
If a local told me there was a lot of crime any place I would not move there especially at our time of life.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
English is bad

A lot of that about  :)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The only "insider" information I have from Palawan is from a Filipina, who have relatives living there, but her English is bad, so it's hard to get facts through her. My question arised though by she told her relatives will MOVE from Puerta Princessa, Palawan, back home to Cental Luzon, "because of much crime where they live now".
If a local told me there was a lot of crime any place I would not move there especially at our time of life.

Yes, but because of her English knowledge level, I don't know if it is in general at whole island or only local where they live in Puerta Princessa (where both the serious crimes I found at Internet happened). 

English is bad

A lot of that about  :)

Well. My English is good enough to find errors  in what some with English as FIRST language write sometimes. Do you mean them?   :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I enjoyed a few days there last year, visited the tourist places without incidences.

Places visited were very clean and no litter in sight.

Quite liked the place, but situations can change, check out the local newspapers

they will give you information on reported crime.http://www.palawantimes.com/

:thumbsup:

It was there I found one thing in the list I wrote.