Karaoke

Curley
Posted
Posted

What better place to ask about karaoke/videoke than a Phils forum?

I have just bought a new home cinema/surround sound system (LG LH725) and one of the addidtional features is the ability to use it for karaoke. The system is "smart" but our internet connection here is a bit dodgy at times so I want to be able to put something onto a hard drive and use that rather than rely on an internet connection that can freeze or drop out at busy times. Having something sent by post/mail is not an option so a download that is not too heavy seems like the way to go.

Any suggestions for this complete karaoke newby would be appreciated, thanks.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Nice system Curley!  If I understand you correctly, you want to use your music and video stored in your computer's hard drive?  If both the computer and your LG 725 has Bluetooth capability, can you sync them together?

post-686-0-62896100-1448896811_thumb.jpg

Good luck to ya!

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

That's the system Jake. Nope, I don't want to use my existing music, I want pop songs etc without the lyrics but with a subtitled video so that the "singer" can read and sing the words to the backing music. I can go online and hook up to millions of tracks on youtube karaoke channel but due to the spotty net connection (just like the Phils) it may prove to be a nuisance. I was hoping to use a hard drive to feed the hard disk in my new equipment.

RBM
Posted
Posted

WOW suspect not to many members here like Kareoke.

Just yesterday we went to one of our favourite  little local coffee shops situated right on the sea. Lovely spot to relax and watch the waves come in.

Sad (for us) they had installed one of these coin operated machines and a group of young girls were blasting out their brand of music. Although it was nice to see them having a ball to sit and relax was sadly not possible....Another place off the list.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Any suggestions

Yep, don't move next door to me :hystery:

Just kidding, looks your gonna let the good time roll buddy :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Just yesterday we went to one of our favourite  little local coffee shops situated right on the sea. Lovely spot to relax and watch the waves come in.

Sad (for us) they had installed one of these coin operated machines and a group of young girls were blasting out their brand of music. Although it was nice to see them having a ball to sit and relax was sadly not possible....Another place off the list.

I am certainly not a fan either but I am trying not to be Ebeneezer Scrooge this year as I now have a family, I can assure you that although it has an output of 1200 watts it will be played at a lkevel that MY poor old ears can tolerate comfortably.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Mate, I belt out scores of 98-99 regularly and can sing anything from the 1950's. Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ricky Nelson, including this little number performed recently.

https://www.facebook.com/victor.tolentino.779/videos/1686645878239829/?theater

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Mate, I belt out scores of 98-99 regularly and can sing anything from the 1950's. Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ricky Nelson, including this little number performed recently.

https://www.facebook.com/victor.tolentino.779/videos/1686645878239829/?theater

:thumbsup:  Are you sure your'e not well. :lol:

Jack :)

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, I guess we-re all old farts who have a dislike of karaoke. No suggestions or answers to my question. :unsure:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

That's the system Jake. Nope, I don't want to use my existing music, I want pop songs etc without the lyrics but with a subtitled video so that the "singer" can read and sing the words to the backing music. I can go online and hook up to millions of tracks on youtube karaoke channel but due to the spotty net connection (just like the Phils) it may prove to be a nuisance. I was hoping to use a hard drive to feed the hard disk in my new equipment.

There are DVDs with such for sale in Phils. I guess there are in Colombia too.

But we can be "forced" to get one by wife/gf like such  :mocking: