My Updated Rig

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

this for mikeS coz i know hes quite the gaming fan but this is my updated computer rig im running now

i5 -2500k intel proccesor

asrock motherboard

asus gtx 970 2gig graphics card

120 gig intel solid state drive

a 80 gig drive

500 gig drive

1tb drive

2 tb drive 

a lg blue ray burner

sound blaster 5.1 sound card

a set of logitec 5.1 thx speakers 550 watts

the my newest and one of my best investments a 40 " lg 4k tv/monitor

i can run GTA V and the new Star Wars Battlefront in 4k at a decent 50-60 fps

god i think i need to get out more now lol :thumbsup:

O-U-C

post-911-0-81656600-1448951104_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-42319400-1448951105_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-97005600-1448951105_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-55324700-1448951106_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Looks great and seems ready for blast off.  Does it have an on/off switch, if so, I am all over it!!!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Dwayne, now we know why you're playing hard to get these days -- haven't heard from ya for awhile.  But I don't blame you.  I would be indoors too if I lived in NE Canada....he, he.  Love your rig that you apparently built yourself. Your ASUS graphic card is the bomb.

post-686-0-83863700-1448987142_thumb.png

I'm only taking baby steps as far as gaming is concern.  I've been writing to Santa about my own gaming station and so far, he told me to piss off:

post-686-0-41222000-1448988000_thumb.png

Perhaps he kept it all to himself, especially with this optional peripheral:  post-686-0-49299000-1448988268_thumb.png

Come back and visit us more often,OK?  By the way, a belated Happy B-Day!

Respectfully -- Uncle Jake

Got Blue Toothed.htm

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

My god is that really OUC ..... :tiphat:  ..... wow your rig looks great and I know you are enjoying it to the fullest ..... haven't been on my desktop for a while now ever since I got my new laptop about 5 months ago ..... bought an Acer Aspire V15 touch V3-572PG-93RL ..... it does OK in the middle end gaming but nothing like my desktop .....

May have a problem with the LT as I spent a scary 2 days thinking someone had hijacked it as I had these weird dime size transparent circles vertically on the left 1/3 of my screen and my mouse kept pointing to in no matter what I did ..... touchscreen didn't work and touch pad didn't either .... any item under the circles would open and I had hell closing them as the mouse would shoot back to the circles before I could close it ..... this went on for 2 days .... finally went back to the "big boy" (great to have 2 computers ain't it) ..... and found out it is more than likely the touchscreen ..... but it is OK right now as I'm typing on it as we speak ... made some changes in the devise manager and that seemed to work .... for now .... :mocking:

Which brings me to another interesting point ...... it seems with the new Win 8, 8.1 and 10 that you can't boot into safe mode from the keyboard when starting up your computer ..... it appears that these OS's open to fast for key strokes .... another wonderful blunder by M$ .... if you have a problem like I did (or do) there is no way you can reboot into safe mode with the steps required to open safe mode now .....

Well anyway sorry to rattle on but it is great to see you back on the board .... please stay a while and keep us updated ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:  

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hey Dwayne, now we know why you're playing hard to get these days -- haven't heard from ya for awhile.  But I don't blame you.  I would be indoors too if I lived in NE Canada....he, he.  Love your rig that you apparently built yourself. Your ASUS graphic card is the bomb.

attachicon.gifGTX 970.PNG

I'm only taking baby steps as far as gaming is concern.  I've been writing to Santa about my own gaming station and so far, he told me to piss off:

attachicon.gifJake's Dog House.png

Perhaps he kept it all to himself, especially with this optional peripheral:  attachicon.gifFemale Hard Drive.PNG

Come back and visit us more often,OK?  By the way, a belated Happy B-Day!

Respectfully -- Uncle Jake

Thanks Uncle jake i will be around limited as of now coz im working allot of overtime and not much time to do anything :( , that pic of the graphics card isnt actually mine this one is minecontent-1.png

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

My god is that really OUC ..... :tiphat:  ..... wow your rig looks great and I know you are enjoying it to the fullest ..... haven't been on my desktop for a while now ever since I got my new laptop about 5 months ago ..... bought an Acer Aspire V15 touch V3-572PG-93RL ..... it does OK in the middle end gaming but nothing like my desktop .....

May have a problem with the LT as I spent a scary 2 days thinking someone had hijacked it as I had these weird dime size transparent circles vertically on the left 1/3 of my screen and my mouse kept pointing to in no matter what I did ..... touchscreen didn't work and touch pad didn't either .... any item under the circles would open and I had hell closing them as the mouse would shoot back to the circles before I could close it ..... this went on for 2 days .... finally went back to the "big boy" (great to have 2 computers ain't it) ..... and found out it is more than likely the touchscreen ..... but it is OK right now as I'm typing on it as we speak ... made some changes in the devise manager and that seemed to work .... for now .... :mocking:

Which brings me to another interesting point ...... it seems with the new Win 8, 8.1 and 10 that you can't boot into safe mode from the keyboard when starting up your computer ..... it appears that these OS's open to fast for key strokes .... another wonderful blunder by M$ .... if you have a problem like I did (or do) there is no way you can reboot into safe mode with the steps required to open safe mode now .....

Well anyway sorry to rattle on but it is great to see you back on the board .... please stay a while and keep us updated ..... :thumbsup:

yup its really me lol , yes i will be around from time to time working allot right now mikeS and yeah im enjoying my rig when i can , sorry to say i dont know much about windows 10 i just upgraded to it a few weeks ago and havent had to boot into safe mode yet using it but if anything comes up i will let you know , take care of yourself my friend

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Windows 10 safe mode: if you have gone as far as the log-in screen, bottom right corner is a power icon. Click on that and go into Start Up Settings... Select safe mode on start-up... If you can't get to that darn log-in screen? You have to make a windows 10 recovery drive on a flash drive... And you best make one before you need it... Hehe! Plug in the flash drive, go to control panel, then recovery tool... Check to make sure it works after...

That's p50 pesos from everyone here using Windows 10... Payable to the forum, of course!

:)

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Windows 10 safe mode: if you have gone as far as the log-in screen, bottom right corner is a power icon. Click on that and go into Start Up Settings... Select safe mode on start-up... If you can't get to that darn log-in screen? You have to make a windows 10 recovery drive on a flash drive... And you best make one before you need it... Hehe! Plug in the flash drive, go to control panel, then recovery tool... Check to make sure it works after...

That's p50 pesos from everyone here using Windows 10... Payable to the forum, of course!

:)

Great info Bob .... but with a problem like mine where I believe the touch screen has taken control of my display I can't click or open or close any items that appear on the screen .... it moves the curser so fast you can't see it until it lands on the dime size vertical transparent row of circles that move up and down the screen ..... if you try and move the curser away from the circles it jumps back .... I went into devise manager and disabled the touchscreen and it appears more stable for the moment .... I ran both of my virus programs and came up with no hits so I assume it is the touchscreen ..... I saw some examples on the web about people with the same problem but different make and models of laptops ..... :3_8_14[1]: :hystery: :hystery:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Even on the log in screen? If so, there is another procedure similar but I'll have to send it later... On my way to my sweetheart's with pizza... Lol

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
On my way to my sweetheart's with pizza... Lol

You slick talking devil and big spender and you .....  :mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery: ...... say  :tiphat: for me .....