Hunting

pabrides
Posted
Posted

I've been itching to go hunting.  I get an air rifle pellet into a rat or two a few times a year, but Im looking for something a bit more organized and challenging.

Any Hunters out there, other than girl hunters? (Id be a girl hunter too if I wasnt married).   But specifically Im looking to meet together regularly with those interested in small game or Pig hunts.

Im in Cebu 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've been itching to go hunting.  I get an air rifle pellet into a rat or two a few times a year, but Im looking for something a bit more organized and challenging.

Any Hunters out there, other than girl hunters? (Id be a girl hunter too if I wasnt married).   But specifically Im looking to meet together regularly with those interested in small game or Pig hunts.

Im in Cebu 

Well Airguns I am not sure about but as to Hunting I am not sure you will get far on this as Foreigners, we are not allowed to have/Own or use Guns. Sorry to say but Life is what it is here EH?

Jack  :tiphat:

Edit  because 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum pa.........I googled Sport Hunting in the Philippines. The results were not encouraging. A couple of hits to this forum with the same question, a blog or two saying that hunting seems to be illegal duck poaching or wild pig poaching. Most of what I saw said hunting was for food, not sport.

again welcome, enjoy the friendly banter here :cheersty:

• Like 2

pabrides
Posted
Posted

"as Foreigners, we are not allowed to have/Own or use Guns." 

Well, thanks for the info, but that may not be entirely true.  I've been invited to shoot guns at local gun clubs and ranges many times... to include full automatics and pistols.   Ill do some more research tomorrow and get some more info on hunting law, but that doesnt mean that a few guys cant together for coffee and talk about old times, does it?.... I'm pretty sure there is more than one other expat interested in shooting and hunting - or am I wrong.

• Like 2

pabrides
Posted
Posted

"Welcome to the forum pa..."

Thank you.... Ill try to contribute responsibly.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, thanks for the info, but that may not be entirely true.  I've been invited to shoot guns at local gun clubs and ranges many times... to include full automatics and pistols.

But that's not hunting is it, You can hire a gun at a range and shoot it there but you can not legally be in possession of a firearm anywhere else.   :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I've been invited to shoot guns at local gun clubs and ranges many times... to include full automatics and pistols.

Oh ya, you are right on the mark on that one, Filipinos love their guns and love to shoot. But we as foreigners are not allowed to "own" a firearm (gunpowder). Our wives and significant others can own them, as long as they are Phil citizens.

Ill try to contribute responsibly.

Huh?? and why should you be different from the rest of us???? :hystery:

Just teasing, but just so you know, there is usually somebody online all the time, we have members in almost every time zone. If you start a topic or ask a question, chances are youll have a response in only a few minutes.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Im in Cebu 

Well Airguns I am not sure about but as to Hunting I am not sure you will get far on this as Foreigners, we are not allowed to have/Own or use Guns. Sorry to say but Life is what it is here EH?

Jack  :tiphat:

Edit  because 

Thank  God for that, I would only shoot myself anyway.  The OP should head off to the carnival shooting gallery now and again, might win one of those useless soft toys.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

NS Outdoor Firing Range Mandaue Sports Complex, Don Andres Soriano Avenue, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines

I visited with a Filipino member in 1999 and had a enjoyable time. It is still open as of last March when I drove by.

Like others said you are unable to own a gun or hunt in Philippines.

For sure you can rent a handgun or long gun and shoot legally at some ranges.

How about Paintball? From what I have read its popular in Philippines. I don't know the laws pertaining to owning a paintball gun as a Foreigner again likely you could rent one. As I understand it clubs meet weekly to have battles or whatever.

We live in the States but have family living in Cebu otherwise would be pleased to meet you and talk hunting fishing and guns.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Im looking to meet together regularly with those interested in small game or Pig hunts.

I am wondering if you have given any thought to where you would find any small game or non-domestic pigs to hunt?  I have see locals hunting for small birds (with pellet guns for food mainly) and I have seen them hunting lizards and snakes (with sticks, not guns).  As I think about it, the only kind of hunting I have noticed filipinos do, is other humans (political, drug related, gang related, or kidnapping related hunting).

• Like 5