Hunting

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't encourage it specially if you're a foreigner, Unless you're a rich Filipino.

http://focusingonwildlife.com/news/hunting-in-the-philippines-okay-for-the-rich-illegal-for-the-poor/

Moderator. pls feel free to remove the link if it is against the forum rules. hehe :rolleyes:

Edited by frozenmystic28
  • Like 1

pabrides
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the insight, offers to meet, and advice.  I researched a bit and found some Philippine legislation pertaining to hunting:

ACT NO. 2590 - AN ACT FOR THE PROTECTION OF GAME AND FISH - Philippines

Section 3  (game birds) - Indian dwarf goose, duck, rail, coot, mudhen, gallinule, plover, surf bird, snipe, woodcock, sand-piper, tattler, curlew and other shore birds, wild chicken, pheasant, quail, wild pigeon, doves of all classes, hornbill, mound builder, brush turkey, and other game birds.

(game mammals)  deer, mouse deer, tamaraw, squirrel, lemur,   ... other mammals

Section 8  ...hunting license, the fee for which shall be, in the case of a resident of the Philippine Islands, of an officer or enlisted man of the Army, Navy, or Marine Corps, Philippine Scouts and Philippine Constabulary, two pesos and in the case of non-resident, twenty pesos.

Sec. 14. Wild pigs may be taken or killed in any manner at any season of the year and without license; and monkeys, wild cats and other mammals not mentioned herein may be caught or destroyed by property owners at any time that such animals cause destruction to their property

These excerpts may not be absolutely definitive, but you will note here that there are in fact game birds and mammals, and that there is a provision for licensing non-residents - that's us. 

More to follow

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
More to follow

Looking forward to it Joe. This question has been asked a couple of times in the past, and no real satisfactory answer has ever appeared.

Putting on my jaded "Kano" hat, I just have to ask myself, knowing the penchant for Filipinos to take every opportunity to make a Peso. Why hasn't hunting, either as an adventure tourism sport or some sort of club taken hold.

Sec. 14. Wild pigs may be taken or killed in any manner at any season of the year and without license; and monkeys, wild cats and other mammals not mentioned herein may be caught or destroyed by property owners at any time that such animals cause destruction to their property

At a second glance, this might be one of the best bets. Find a local large farm owner with a wild pig problem and offer to eradicate them for him :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You can go to a gun range and shoot - but only a rented gun... It must be placed at the place you will shoot from by an employee of the range and removed from this same point by an employee. You technically aren't allowed to even turn around with the pistol in your hand.

As for non-resident? They are referring to out-of-town Filipinos as opposed to local Filipinos and not foreigners.

pabrides
Posted
Posted

You can go to a gun range and shoot - but only a rented gun... It must be placed at the place you will shoot from by an employee of the range and removed from this same point by an employee. You technically aren't allowed to even turn around with the pistol in your hand.

As for non-resident? They are referring to out-of-town Filipinos as opposed to local Filipinos and not foreigners.

Your second comment clearly bares investigation, but your first comment seems to be quoted from a yellow legal scratch pad.  Continental American lawyers and government officials should perhaps go home.  They are the reason the fil government is so corrupt and ineffective.  There is a certain implied freedom here that does not always conform to written rule... those rules are written to use against Filipino extremists and those foreigners the people desire to remove from their shores...  So says I with considerable respect to the people of this great nation of tolerance and common sense.     

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Your second comment clearly bares investigation, but your first comment seems to be quoted from a yellow legal scratch pad. Continental American lawyers and government officials should perhaps go home. They are the reason the fil government is so corrupt and ineffective. There is a certain implied freedom here that does not always conform to written rule... those rules are written to use against Filipino extremists and those foreigners the people desire to remove from their shores... So says I with considerable respect to the people of this great nation of tolerance and common sense.

Nicely done! First you insult the government, insist that the rules are there to be broken, the rules are only there to get rid of foreigners the government doesn't like, and that you don't mean anything derogatory to anyone...

Perhaps you should contact the proper Philippine government agency with your question... I'm sure they will give you the appropriate response you don't want to hear...

• Like 3

pabrides
Posted
Posted

Your second comment clearly bares investigation, but your first comment seems to be quoted from a yellow legal scratch pad. Continental American lawyers and government officials should perhaps go home. They are the reason the fil government is so corrupt and ineffective. There is a certain implied freedom here that does not always conform to written rule... those rules are written to use against Filipino extremists and those foreigners the people desire to remove from their shores... So says I with considerable respect to the people of this great nation of tolerance and common sense.

Nicely done! First you insult the government, insist that the rules are there to be broken, the rules are only there to get rid of foreigners the government doesn't like, and that you don't mean anything derogatory to anyone...

Perhaps you should contact the proper Philippine government agency with your question... I'm sure they will give you the appropriate response you don't want to hear...

Perhaps you should consider moving back to Canada... if you can... while I explore new avenues in which to benefit outdoors-men, both indigenous and foreign, within the framework of laws enacted by the Philippine government.  

And as faulty as the PI government might be, they are by far more honorable and sensitive than the Continental Americans ever thought of being.  Hows that for insults?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Perhaps you should consider moving back to Canada... if you can... while I explore new avenues in which to benefit outdoors-men, both indigenous and foreign, within the framework of laws enacted by the Philippine government.

And as faulty as the PI government might be, they are by far more honorable and sensitive than the Continental Americans ever thought of being. Hows that for insults?[/quote

Before you get somebody detained by distributing false information concerning the laws of the Philippines, why don't you grow up? Your imbecilic narcissistic qualities have been noted... Or, so you can understand, you're a lousy troll.

• Like 2

pabrides
Posted
Posted

And as faulty as the PI government might be, they are by far more honorable and sensitive than the Continental Americans ever thought of being. Hows that for insults?[/quote

Before you get somebody detained by distributing false information concerning the laws of the Philippines, why don't you grow up? Your imbecilic narcissistic qualities have been noted... Or, so you can understand, you're a lousy troll.

LMAO - Product of a Canadian parochial education, I bet.  

i am bob
Posted
Posted

LMAO - Product of a Canadian parochial education, I bet.

Yes, you've proven my point quite nicely. Thank-you.

• Like 1