Another Day The School Is Closed.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

On the 23rd to the 28th of November we had a sports here in Dalaguete.

They closed the schools to house all of the out of town athletes.They also asked my wife(which I found out later) for a 50 peso donation to help towards the food.

We had already paid the fees for my daughters schooling and that includes a snack each day and as they say miscellaneous.

On the 30th of November it was Bonofacio day so another day closed and today is sacred heart day so yes it is closed again.

That means in the last 15 school days it has been closed for 7 of them but they still want full payment.

Sometimes I have to step back here and scratch my head and walk on or I might end up in a secure unit.One flew over the cuckoos nest comes to mind.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Don't feel bad, every school in Metro Manila was closed during the entire APEC conference, no matter how far from the event they were located out of the major traffic areas. :1 (103):

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Don't feel bad, every school in Metro Manila was closed during the entire APEC conference, no matter how far from the event they were located out of the major traffic areas. :1 (103):

Seems to me that any excuse for a day off with pay as the private uni is still open

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

What gets me sometimes is the lack of forethought about some things. I live very near two private colleges (500 meters or so) and when school lets out the private cars and buses and trikes really clog up traffic for a while. I also live very near a "public" high school (500 meters) and a "public" elementary school. These naturally are free (i am trying politely say poor folks) so the parents don't pay for drivers and such to take the kids to school, they all walk and there is very little vehicular traffic and very little traffic impact. So why cancel these schools?

Just one of those things

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Seems to me that any excuse for a day off with pay as the private uni is still open

Hmmmmm having liked your Post I had a Think on something my SIL told me last year, I actually don't think they get Full pay on a non teaching day.

I will check with here Later. But something she said tells me they get a reduced payment to bare minimum. Then that would depend if they are on Contract or  Casual.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmm having liked your Post I had a Think on something my SIL told me last year, I actually don't think they get Full pay on a non teaching day.

I will check with here Later. But something she said tells me they get a reduced payment to bare minimum. Then that would depend if they are on Contract or  Casual.

Well I hope they do get paid as I still paid the full amount not that I can do anything about it if I want my daughter to stay in that school.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Well I hope they do get paid as I still paid the full amount not that I can do anything about it if I want my daughter to stay in that school.

same S...t Different day, Take, Take, Take. 

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I have no vested or deep personal interest in this matter, but it always struck me as odd that there were so many days when my wife's younger relatives would pop by since 'no school today'. Sometimes the children didn't know why and sometimes it was due to fiestas, local or national holidays, teacher meetings, etc. Its that just that is seems to occur with great regularity. I have never asked to see a 'school calendar', like we issue in the states at the beginning of the school year to allow people to plan around non-instructional days. I don't even know if they exist here as a staple and normal planning tool. Anyone have knowledge in these matters?

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have no vested or deep personal interest in this matter, but it always struck me as odd that there were so many days when my wife's younger relatives would pop by since 'no school today'. Sometimes the children didn't know why and sometimes it was due to fiestas, local or national holidays, teacher meetings, etc. Its that just that is seems to occur with great regularity. I have never asked to see a 'school calendar', like we issue in the states at the beginning of the school year to allow people to plan around non-instructional days. I don't even know if they exist here as a staple and normal planning tool. Anyone have knowledge in these matters?

The school where my daughter has been open for many years and they still cant or  wont say what it is for so I doubt if they have any paperwork for information. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is the same the Country over We can never Plan really anything they will close the school in the week then tell the Kids Class on Saturday

The education System seems to be run by the Local Director of DepEd and if He/She say close they close. I don't think I have ever seen Proper term Start or Finish dates in 8 years, "WOW" Low and Behold, Mine has just Come through the door, No Class this Afternoon, Teachers are Christmas Shopping. 

Bet it is NOT for the School.

• Like 1