stevewool
Posted
Posted

I read it as Ho Ho santa

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I was in a bar last night with an American and Dutch guy. After the Dutch guy(who I have known for a few years) Said Kevin you have been here a long time I said why do you say that he said I ask you in English and you say OH OH which is Visayan.Ok I been here a while no excuse I am turning native.

Ooh-ooh pare, pero you should start using body language like raising your eyebrows twice meaning the same thing.  Or to be more discreet, you should start pointing to a sexy Filipina with your puckered lips.  Don't forget to tap your forearm twice to call a waitress over. Either you will get a slap in the face or she will be enticed about what's really on your mind......he, he.   

Slapped twice -- DOM forever, Jake

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I was in a bar last night with an American and Dutch guy. After the Dutch guy(who I have known for a few years) Said Kevin you have been here a long time I said why do you say that he said I ask you in English and you say OH OH which is Visayan.Ok I been here a while no excuse I am turning native.

Oh mate, we have similar skills in native languages, Sawadi Krap and Kapoon Crap (no it does not mean I want to go to the toilet) but hello and thank you, not bad for 8 years!!!

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

oh di ba

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Cige lang po. you should speak some and it's good if you can translate a text or partially translate.  Tagalog primarily.

oo oo naman? Tagalog being an easier language to pick up di ba? Konti na lang, it is very helpful araw araw....

• Like 5

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guilty of all of the above. A friend of mine went out to dinner with the wife and I one night and remarked how we must have the quietest household ever. I asked him why would you say that? His response, you two communicate with so much body language you never need to talk. And it is true, we use lots of gestures without even talking.

Ooh-ooh pare, pero you should start using body language like raising your eyebrows twice meaning the same thing.  Or to be more discreet, you should start pointing to a sexy Filipina with your puckered lips.  Don't forget to tap your forearm twice to call a waitress over. Either you will get a slap in the face or she will be enticed about what's really on your mind......he, he.   

Slapped twice -- DOM forever, Jake

Edited by jon1
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I read it as Ho Ho santa

Calm down Steve it aint till next week.

• Like 1