Executive Chef Jobs In The Philippines

marschierer
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

I am a 38 year old German Executive Chef with over 8 years experience in the South East Asian Hospitality Industry. I never worked in the Philippines and want to do so now.
Can anyone tell me what the best way is to hunt for a job opportunity there? (Headhunters, Job Advertisment Websites and so on...)

Many thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Marcel

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Marcel,

This topic has been covered at some point in the past but I was unable find it during a quick search. :89: You may want to spend some time searching the forum for that.

There are Foreigners working in Philippines as Executive Chef's, I have met some at nicer international hotels and resorts. Most likely best to contact those places to do with openings. Philippines is very closed to Foreigners working in Philippines wanting only Filipinos to have those jobs however there are exceptions .

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Most big hotels have a careers/job link on their websites and there are websites that cater for international jobs.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I am sure it is the same as everywhere, you get in touch with prospective employers. If they hire you they will assist with the appropriate visa and paperwork. For a foreigner to work in the Philippines it is usually easier to get hired from a multinational company with work in the Philippines and get a transfer here.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Rather many foreigners have executive positions in Call Centers and such. I GUESS it's much easier to get such for foreigners with English as first language though.

marschierer
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for your information!

Happy New Year 2016 everyone! :-)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Marcel, There is an amazing German restaurant about 30 clicks north of Cebu City. You may want to contact the owner or his chef they may have some helpful information. 

Borussia, (032) 516-2463

https://www.facebook.com/Borussia-German-Restaurant-and-Bakery-227964560680421/

• Like 1