Chewing Tobacco In Iloilo.?

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

Às the title states anywhere to find Redman or skoal in the city?.I'm dreading the long flight back to Canada at the end of this month without something for the flight.Don't want to end up in jail lol. ANYONE?

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

WELL MESSED UP THE THREAD TITLE. Hell now I'm yelling. Need help soon.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

WELL MESSED UP THE THREAD TITLE. Hell now I'm yelling. Need help soon.

I fixed the title for you  :thumbsup:

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Don't know about the chew here in the W. Visayas, but I came here this time with some rolling papers to make my own cigs, thinking that there might be some long cut pipe tobacco around, but no luck so far. 

My wife came home from her search at the big city market/paengke/punan with a really sad  looking tobacco leaf. I had told her that if she couldn't find any cut tobacco, bring me some dried leaves, or whatever. 

What she brought back (very small cost) was something that looked so black-brown and semi-dried, that I said, "Never mind. I'll just keep buying when I want a smoke, despite the now high P40/pack price.  13 years ago I would pay P9 for a pack of local made PI smokes. 

She said, "Oh, no!  The old woman from the bundok who sold it to me said that if you didn't smoke it, that I  should hang it in the kusina o sala (kitchen or living room) since it keeps mosquitoes away. That how we get our p25 worth of value out of it. I have no idea if it works effectively, but it hangs there anyway.

The old woman said to come back on market day because there are many different types of tobacco leaf for sale then. 

I just scratched my idea for now. I will look for usable/smokable tobacco leaf some other time. 

If anyone finds usable, natural state  tobacco product for chew, pipe or cig smoking.... post and share, please.. 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I have seen 2 tables at 3 different markets of various tobaccos. A cousin up in north Negros chews some kind of tobacco. It is not skoal or any name brand. It is out there on market days.

brmpipes, I hope that you don't sit next to me in the plane in case your spittoon gets knocked around from turbulence.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I will look for usable/smokable tobacco leaf
I'm not interested in tobacco, so I don't know what's usable, but

/I know tobacco farmers close to the new airport between CDO and Iligan, but they have depts, so I guess they have sold the harvests to traders even before harvested and dried.

/There is/was a producer in Carcar, Cebu of "Swedish snuff" = Similar stuff as made it possible to build some of the hardest sections of the American railway back when east and west coast were connected. As a building boss said back then when a railroad boss wondered if it was possible to build a very hard route:  "Give me enough snuff, Scandinavian vodka and Swedes and I can build a railway to hell..."  :lol:

(But Chinese did build much hard parts at the west half.)

• Like 1

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

I DON'T EVER spit with skoal or copenhaghen. Red man is a different beast though lol.I just like a little in my lip to take the edge off the flight. I just use a ecig now but won't try it out on the plane.maybe I can find some nicoret (sp) gum at the drug store in sm mall.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I have seen all kinds of chew in the Duty Free shops.

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

I will check the duty free shops for it. I was almost sure I saw a Tabasco shop in the international part of manila airport.Not sure if it is still thier. Thanks for all the replies.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I will check the duty free shops for it. I was almost sure I saw a Tabasco shop in the international part of manila airport.Not sure if it is still thier. Thanks for all the replies.

Have no idea if the pharmacys there will have them but maybe you could search for those nicotine patches that they use for those trying to give up smoking. That would or should get you through your flight.

• Like 1