I Recommend This Hotel In Singapore

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We had a one night layover in Singapore, arriving at 7 pm and leaving the next AM at 0930.  I tried to book the transit hotels there but they were already booked during the holidays.  It is always hard to find a room that works for us (2 adults, 1 11 yo, 1 toddler).

I searched several sites for nearby hotels and found the Capri By Fraser a short distance from the airport, with a free shuttle.  However the free shuttle is only once an hour so we did not use it.  Luxury taxi was 12 SGD to get there and regular taxi was 10 in the morning.

The room was 247 SGD, about 170 USD.  Expensive but about the same as the triple room at the airport transit hotel, and this one included 2 adult breakfasts and was much nicer.

Everything was top notch.  New, clean, huge comfortable king bed for 3 of us and a free baby crib for Katy.  Big room with sofa / sitting area, huge desk area, kitchen, dishes, micro, fridge, and huge bathroom.  The buffet breakfast was very good.  The guy told us that our 11 year old would have to pay the child rate of 16 sgd, but after I said she doesn't eat much, he let us slide and she ate for free.  I didn't see the pool and gym but the pictures looked good.

If you ever need a transit hotel at Singapore Changi, you might want to check it out.

BTW, our checked bags went all the way to Manila as planned, and we went through Singapore immigration with just our carry ons.  Not a problem at all and there was no line in immigration.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
170 USD

OMG I guess I shall be avoiding Singapore.  If I had that kind of money to spend on a hotel I would be looking at other countries to retire in  :hystery:   but then I remembered, the last place I stayed in Makati cost 10K pesos a night so that makes $170 sound pretty good :attention:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

170 USD

OMG I guess I shall be avoiding Singapore.  If I had that kind of money to spend on a hotel I would be looking at other countries to retire in  :hystery:   but then I remembered, the last place I stayed in Makati cost 10K pesos a night so that makes $170 sound pretty good :attention:

I knew it was not going to be cheap to layover in Singapore when I booked my air tickets, but I just budgeted that into my airline cost.  If I wanted to fly on Singapore airlines I had to do the layover.  Actually it worked out good, travelling with two kids and a preggy wife, and we got a good nights rest there between flights.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is top odds,but whatever floats your boat.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That is top odds,but whatever floats your boat.

If you ever need a transit hotel at Singapore Changi, you might want to check it out.

I guess I should have spelled out the requirements more clearly and underlined that this is a TRANSIT hotel situation and subsequent recommendation.  If you will never need a transit hotel in Singapore, move along, nothing to see here.

1.  Must be very close to airport (7 pm arrival, 9:30 AM departure).  Getting off a 10.5 hour flight from Auckland with 2 kids, one a toddler, and a pregnant wife.

2.  Must have bedding to accommodate 2 adults, 11 year old and 22 month old.

I spent a month finding our last hotel in Singapore, for a 3 night stay.  It ain't cheap in Singapore.  Even if I was solo in this transit situation, I would not be running all over town to save a few bucks.

Also should mention that this rate was booked on the hotel website and included the 10% service charge and 7% tax that most other hotels do not include in the initial price shown on sites like booking.com, etc.