Philippines Fishing Supplies-Charters And Tackle Shops Locations

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

The subject of fishing often comes up among expats and the question comes up as to where to find the gear. rods & reels. nets, line, tackle and other accessories. I thought it would be a useful thread to have members post the names and locations of fishing supplies and bait & tackle shops in Cebu and other areas around the islands here in Philippines. Also contacts for fishing charters and even the better places to fish here in the Philippines. This is so both the sportsman and the novice can find the best information on the subject.

I know of a few places in the Colon Market area that have gear and in early March I will be in Cebu and I will try to get the names, locations and contact numbers to the places I know and will post them here. On another thread this place was mentioned so I will copy & post it here for starters.

VISAYAN FISHING SUPPLY 288 Manalili St Cebu 256-1063 ,net, Briggs
& Stratton engine parts 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

Any Cobia's around Cebu you think ? Could of swore I saw one in Robinsons Talisay City, Cebu.

Anyone try Sailfish Bay Resort in Siargao ? Looks temping.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I saw fishing gear at Guaisano at the end of Jones avenue.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

What are the prices of gear here compared to Australia or Europe (or Aliexpress in China)? 

In Estonia the small consumables are so expensive, that i end up buying them bulk from Aliexpress. Buying 100 of swivels, hooks etc from Aliexpress (inc shipping) is about 5-10times cheaper than buying the same items from a shop in Estonia. The shipping is usually about 1.5-2months, but i keep a good stock in my fishing tackle supply cubboard.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

What are the prices of gear here compared to Australia or Europe (or Aliexpress in China)? 

In Estonia the small consumables are so expensive, that i end up buying them bulk from Aliexpress. Buying 100 of swivels, hooks etc from Aliexpress (inc shipping) is about 5-10times cheaper than buying the same items from a shop in Estonia. The shipping is usually about 1.5-2months, but i keep a good stock in my fishing tackle supply cubboard.

Hi Sander, Did you do any fishing yet in the Phils?

If yes, what type and where, catch any?

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

Hi Sander, Did you do any fishing yet in the Phils?

If yes, what type and where, catch any?

Unfortunately I haven't done any in the Phils. Would want to, but noone to share the cost of the boat.

• Like 1