Senior Id Card To Foreigners ?

Richard Forinash
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello, 

My name is Richard & I'm living here  in the Lake Sebu area of South Cotabato 

& have been for 3 years. I was told by the Municipality in this area that I need to be a Filipino 
Citizen to receive my Senior Citizen ID card & I’m already 66. Wow I know of @ least 10 
other  foreigners & that was not requested or required of them. I have my Filipino Drivers License,
PhilHealth card, ACR Card (Alien Certificate of Registration) & a few other ID’s & their was no Filipino 
Citizenship requested or required for those cards.

I even emailed the Municipal

Mayor 2x with no response from him.

What do you suggest I do? 

Thank You

Edited by Old55
I removed full names and address info for your safety.
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, cant help with the answer to your question, but someone surely will.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I hand my ID with bill IE in restaurant, store, wherever and let them decide on discount. Only once in Duma, was I told that tourist did not get discount; everywhere else I was granted one.  I leaned here on forum that while it is mandatory for merchants to grant 20% to citizens they can and do extend that to whoever they wish.  If you don't ask you can't get, and if refused just thank them after saying Oh. 

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted

I hand my ID with bill IE in restaurant, store, wherever and let them decide on discount. Only once in Duma, was I told that tourist did not get discount; everywhere else I was granted one.  I leaned here on forum that while it is mandatory for merchants to grant 20% to citizens they can and do extend that to whoever they wish.  If you don't ask you can't get, and if refused just thank them after saying Oh. 

The truth is this isn't very different in the US. Most restaurants and many retailers have senior discounts but if you don't ask, they won't volunteer.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
I hand my ID with bill IE in restaurant, store, wherever and let them decide on discount.

But some of us look way too young and handsome for that to work.  I know because I hear that all the time.  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
But some of us look way too young and handsome for that to work. I know because I hear that all the time

(facepalm) :hystery:

RBM
Posted
Posted

Curious, if you don't mind what is the ID you show?

Fully agree if one does not ask one receives nothing.