Pressure Washer

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have already determined that I will buy a pressure washer before or after we move into our "new" house.  There are a lot of surfaces to clean and I like to keep the outside areas free of dirt and mildew.  A small electric one just doesn't cut the mustard.  I want a gas powered one with at least 2500 PSI and a good engine.

We have a local importer here called American Hardware.  I have never bought anything there because they are so expensive, but they have quality brands you normally can't find here in PH.  They have a solid looking 2800 psi pressure washer with a Honda engine for $650.  I looked it up when I got home and it is this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Black-Max-2800-PSI-2-3-GPM-Honda-Engine-Gas-Pressure-Washer-BM80920/206571757

So, the price here is almost double.  I'm not sure if they will bargain a bit.

What do you think?  Is it worth it to pay such a high premium?  Any thoughts on another place to find one?  Honda does not make or sell them in this market and I have not seen any in stores.  Lazada only has small electrics, not gas.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Perhaps a used one on OLX like this one:

https://www.olx.ph/item/petrol-pressure-washer-163cc-2-stroke-ryobi-surplus-ID77L3Q.html?p=17&h=16a6f279a6#16a6f279a6

819559209_1_1000x700.jpg

Well I think its a used one.  Sometimes they sell those Ryobi models pretty cheap but the brand does not stand up to hard use, according to my experience with their drills and weed wackers anyway.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
So, the price here is almost double. I'm not sure if they will bargain a bit.

The price is always negotiable my boy.... :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Perhaps a used one on OLX like this one:

https://www.olx.ph/item/petrol-pressure-washer-163cc-2-stroke-ryobi-surplus-ID77L3Q.html?p=17&h=16a6f279a6#16a6f279a6

819559209_1_1000x700.jpg

Well I think its a used one.  Sometimes they sell those Ryobi models pretty cheap but the brand does not stand up to hard use, according to my experience with their drills and weed wackers anyway.

Right after I posted I was thinking I should check OLX  Yes, my experience with Ryobi is about the same.  I had a Ryobi weed wacker in the U.S. and I have some Ryobi tools.

The problem with buying used is the same as a car.  If it is not taken care of, good luck.  The pressure washer engines and pumps can go bad quickly if they are not taken care of.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have a family member or friend buy one from Costco or whatever put it in a Balikbayan box.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Have a family member or friend buy one from Costco or whatever put it in a Balikbayan box.

I was thinking about that and even got the box dimensions from the manufacturer's web site.  I think that particular one is slightly too big.

Also, I comes down to how much hassle you want to put a family member through so that you can save a little bit of money.  E.g., $329 at Home Depot + 1 BB box ~$100 = $430.  I save $200 and the family gets the work!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
moving experience for me.

You know I am joking,,,,,,,,Laughed so hard......when I say, "Brother you need to get out more :hystery: "

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

moving experience for me.

You know I am joking,,,,,,,,Laughed so hard......when I say, "Brother you need to get out more :hystery: "

I'll never go out after I get me pressure washer!   :hystery:

My wife is out now and I am perusing the pictures in the catalog!  Whew!

• Like 2