Phone Home

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

Where do I find a phone to call the US using !-800 numbers or the area code in Texas??  My phone I have to use in Texas is on hold and the one I e here will only allow local calls.  I got a calling to call from phones at malls won't work either. 

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Where do I find a phone to call the US using !-800 numbers or the area code in Texas??  My phone I have to use in Texas is on hold and the one I e here will only allow local calls.  I got a calling to call from phones at malls won't work either. 

To call out to the US from here, you need to dial 001-ac-#.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have not tried my current PLDT landline but in the past I would use a friend's hard wired PLDT landline when I needed to call an 800 number in North America.

I wish I could remember exactly how I did it (as in what numbers to dial first) but I know I did it in the past.  I also used a friend's Magic Jack phone (US number) to do the same thing.  Come to think of it, last time I tried to do it I could not figure out how to do it on my PLDT landline (and cell phones don't seem to do it at all) so I went to a friend who uses Magic Jack and made the call.

Thus I am sure that method works and would recommend finding someone in your area who uses Magic Jack to borrow their phone.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if it is your phone or your SIM card that is restricting you to local calls.  If you get a SMART SIM for whatever phone you want to use,, buy a SMART IDD load and you can call any number in the U.S. for about p2 per minute.  A p150 load card should get you around 75 minutes.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
a friend who uses Magic Jack

Azon has a Magic Jack.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you have a smart phone, you can download the MagicJack app and set up an account. Then you can make calls via wifi or mobile data on your phone. http://www.magicjack.com/magicApp.html

Edited by jon1
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My phone I have to use in Texas is on hold and the one I e here will only allow local calls.

It will be the type of sim card in the phone. Ask for an international calling sim. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I second the idea of downloading the MagicJack app and setting up an account.  Easy, and cheap, US calls. I have used it over 3 years.  As long as you have an internet connection you can call, and when you pick your area code it works as a local call back to that area code from anywhere in the world.  My bank thinks I still live in Texas  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My bank thinks I still live in Texas

Your bank may be doing the same in reverse by having a call center in Philippines, and you think you are calling them in Texas  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Your bank may be doing the same in reverse by having a call center in Philippines, and you think you are calling them in Texas

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  ..... Your right Dave CitiBank uses a call center in Cebu ..... how do I know ..... cause I made a comment one time about the great weather we are having in the Phils (it was cold in the US at the time ... I thought that is where the call center was) and the guy said yea I know I am in Cebu .... it sure seems strange to have to call to the US using my MagicJack just to have the call transferred back here to the Phils ..... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 3