Visa Trip To Bangkok

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was looking at their transit system, Ron. Which was not in existence or may have just started in 1996 my last visit.

I note the line to the airport which also links to Sukhumvit. Depending on the situation eliminating the need for an airport taxi.

However, here in the Philippines, DOI does has regional and sub offices which are quite easy to transact within. 5-10 mins for routine renewals, maybe 30-60 mins wait for the passport, or less,

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was looking at their transit system, Ron. Which was not in existence or may have just started in 1996 my last visit.

I note the line to the airport which also links to Sukhumvit. Depending on the situation eliminating the need for an airport taxi.

However, here in the Philippines, DOI does has regional and sub offices which are quite easy to transact within. 5-10 mins for routine renewals, maybe 30-60 mins wait for the passport, or less,

Or in Dumaguete 3-4 days to get your passport back and if you catch it wrong 1-2 hours in office to do the original transaction and up to another half hour when you come to retrieve your passport. No problem. Some people just leave their passport there. Others never picked up their ACR Icard. YMMV.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Or in Dumaguete 3-4 days to get your passport back and if you catch it wrong 1-2 hours in office to do the original transaction and up to another half hour when you come to retrieve your passport. No problem. Some people just leave their passport there. Others never picked up their ACR Icard. YMMV.

I get to Dumaguete office early and it take about 10 minutes to get it checked and pay. I can usually go back at 230 the same day to pick up my passport which usually takes another 10 mins.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I can usually go back at 230 the same day to pick up my passport which usually takes another 10 mins.

Yes, but you are gwapo.  The rest of us usually have to leave it there a day or two unless we get lucky.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I get to Dumaguete office early and it take about 10 minutes to get it checked and pay. I can usually go back at 230 the same day to pick up my passport which usually takes another 10 mins.

Call me crazy but it might be they make a little extra effort to get your passport stamped faster because you came there from a different island to do it? I mean they are all supposed to be in one day but mine weren't. Of course I went in the heat of the afternoon when most people were holed up somewhere to escape the heat and they probably had a crap load of passports ahead of mine. While I was there I heard several people complain that they weren't staying in Dumaguete, just stopped there to extend their visa and they couldn't come back next week. :tiphat:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I can usually go back at 230 the same day to pick up my passport which usually takes another 10 mins.

Yes, but you are gwapo.  The rest of us usually have to leave it there a day or two unless we get lucky.

You are a funny 'bastard' Dave.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Nothing "funny" about it........ I think Dave likes you. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Nothing "funny" about it........ I think Dave likes you. 

post-2148-0-30072800-1455670177.jpg  :hystery: