As An Expat Living In Philippines What's The Most Kick Ass Experience....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As an Expat living in Philippines what's been your most interesting experience?

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted (edited)

Trying to deal with the governments different departments and all the requirements [mountains of paperwork]  and no logic to most of it. It appears that one dept does not know the other depts requirements are ,so you  end up running around like a chook with no head,going from one to the other and back again to where you started .

Frustrating to say the least.

Edited by lyno 47
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As i'm also an author and getting out into the unusual areas not recommended for travel to do research, I could fill a book on the things i've seen...  Done...  Taken part in...  Actually, i am going to...  

Probably the strangest thing recently was sitting down for a wonderfully intoxicating drink (something to do with what i thought was coconuts but he kept pointing at the banana trees) shared by a (supposedly) Muslim member of the (by his admission) NPA...  The fact that the gent was probably 90 years old and half senile (while the other half was clearly dementia) didn't have a thing to do with it.

Or could it have been where i cut my trip short (just got back in) because the love of my life has a very large King Cobra taking up residence just outside her CR?  She lives in the city, for (censored)'s sake!

:mocking:

• Like 3

Petey
Posted
Posted

I found it wildly amusing to see a live pig hogtied to a scooter with the engine size of a hair dryer with the rider, pig in middle and passenger on the back.

Other than that... ill get back to you. 

• Like 3