If There Was One Thing You Could Change What Would It Be?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As an Expat living in Philippines what one thing would you most like to change?

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The only thing that really bothers me is noisy neighbors.  I would make them be more caring & considerate about others.  I know it will never happen ha ha... but we can dream.   :tiphat:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I would make them be more caring & considerate about others. 

I think that is the biggest problem for me.  Consideration of others apparently is not taught in the home very often.  Quite the opposite.  Dog eat dog, get mine before somebody else gets it.  It carries over into so many aspects of daily life:  Lack of courtesy when waiting in line, driving, even walking as a pedestrian.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Not in Phils guys but the attitude is the same in Thailand - manners are just not taught.

In Bangkok yesterday in the lift when a baby pukes on my S.O - not even a 'sorry' from the mother!

Then get to the ground floor, some a..hole tries to barge into the lift - put my hand up with the stop sign

and said 'wait until  everyone gets out', but he was just busting to get in the  lift.  Oh well, it is why we 

drink!!!!

• Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Government red tape or should I say paperwork.

• Like 3

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted

It's a toss-up between:

a) The inconsiderate neighbors who let their dogs bark all day and all night long. They will not make any attempt to find out why the dogs are barking nor and will make no attempt to make the dogs stop barking.

b) The inconsiderate drunken neighbors singing (more like screaming) off key karaoke at 2 am.

Being considerate of your neighbors is not in the Filipina DNA. I cannot give you a reason why but maybe other members of the forum can. 

• Like 5

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I would put an end to the gov't corruption at all levels.  I have the same problems as the rest of you with noise, but I feel like if the average Filipino believed he had more of a chance to succeed in life, they would improve as a culture and actually begin to give a crap about secondary needs such as respect for others, consideration and decency.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

The long term influence of the Catholic Church.

Ultimately they couldn't stop the Reproductive Health Bill, but they backed legislation to stop the funding for free birth control injections and pills. Hitting again the poor people who struggle to afford such things.

And their 'fund raising". It's 2-3 times a month they come around for "donations"

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I would change the fact that the woman I want to spend forever with is married to another foreigner who deserted her 4 years ago, and returned from overseas this past Christmas to force us to give each other up - just so he could leave the country once again without any thought of support for her or their child (which her refusal to abort is the reason he deserted her).  Thankfully, what he doesn't know is that we are talking again and she is looking at ways to get him out of her life for good.  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
we are talking again

:1 (103):  Ummm.  Best of luck to you.  :morning1:

• Like 4