Old55
Posted
Posted

You gotta love the Philippines.  :)

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

My first thought was 'class reunion', but they usually have banners aplenty and proudly march with fanfare. A very strange gathering of people. And they were assigned their jeepney rides by number? Another enigma. Maybe they were going on a group pilgrimage somewhere if it wasn't politics. Do family reunion outings here get that large? 

Let us know if you ever figure it out. 

Maybe it was a government picnic outting and they didn't want to advertise the spending of 'government funds'.  :999:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
At first I thought it was JGF arriving at the airport but were going in the wrong direction .... hummmm .... maybe they knew something I didn't

Although I was not there it was a dry run for when I arrive. These things take a lot of organising and it was really good of all my fans to participate. Didn't you get your jeepney number I sent you? I guess you didn't so missed out on the lechon and beer. 

• Like 4

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Parade's here are comical sometimes.   Wife has been in several with her work, and after watching a few, I no longer attend.  Scheduled for 6, begins around 8, and looks less like a celebration and more like the Bataan death march when they are done.  Just seems like they are pretending to celebrate some special occasion, but would rather be anywhere else.   

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
wasn't political

I saw a similar procession to this loading up at the Provincial Capital Building in Dumaguete.  That plus the fact this kind of thing only happens at election time leads me to believe it is in some way political.  They sure get the numbers of people.  In this instance I watched as they were getting loaded into the back of gravel trucks as well as busses and jeepneys and whatever else they had.  The thing that strikes me as similar to your story is the simple cardboard number on each vehicle.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Despite his denial, I think this is worth further investigation, maybe the boss snuck in to check us all out???

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It was a practice run for when the boss comes.  If you looked closely you would have seen the King and Queen were Jake and I.   ...I am not saying which was which :tipaht:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
King and Queen were Jake and I.

I could just picture you two during a "crossing the line" ceremony. Wonder who would be king Neptune :nudie: . Man I should just blind myself picturing that :dance:

• Like 2