Japan Vacation

canadamale
Posted
Posted

the gf has been wanting to go to Japan for awhile, actually she has been bugging me to take her since we went to Singapore last Feb. The flights from Manila to Tokyo seem expensive, does anyone know of less expensive airline/route. eg. is it cheaper to fly say Taipai-Tokyo, Hongkong-Tokyo. Also any advice on a good mid range hotel would be appreciated. thanks in advance

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

May I ask, does a filipina need a visa to visit Japan?  Is it an "on arrival" visa like they get in Hong Kong?  How long may they stay?  I was looking into flights from Cebu to Japan and the price actually looked reasonable but I forget what airline site I went to  :unsure:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

May I ask, does a filipina need a visa to visit Japan?  Is it an "on arrival" visa like they get in Hong Kong?  How long may they stay?  I was looking into flights from Cebu to Japan and the price actually looked reasonable but I forget what airline site I went to  :unsure:

Dave for yours and anyone's reference.

http://www.mb.com.ph/filipinos-still-need-visa-to-visit-japan/

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted

If you do not have set dates, i would imagine one of the promo flights with Cebu Pacific should be around 15-20,000php return. 

Being poor we use them on a regular basis for trips abroad and despite the bad reviews, we have never had a serious problem. There is no in flight entertaining  and i would advice you to bring a packed lunch  :cheersty:  

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

When in doubt ask Jack!

Flown Cebu Pacific a few times and they are ok.  No worse than the other budget airlines except maybe Jetstar, who are just as

big a thieves as their mother company Qantas.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When in doubt ask Jack!

Flown Cebu Pacific a few times and they are ok.  No worse than the other budget airlines except maybe Jetstar, who are just as

big a thieves as their mother company Qantas.

:hystery: post-2148-0-68389500-1456199754_thumb.jp Oh! Come geezer, I ain't always right, just like to help me mates out where I can :thumbsup:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My Filipina asked about Japan too, here is a link to the Japanese embassy website about Filipino VISA requirements. I'm not feeling well enough at the moment to read the whole thing but it's looking like enough hasle it might be time to choose another destination.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000121323.pdf

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

It must be fairly easy for a Filipino to go to Japan as an acquaintance of ours has just brought her sideline b/f to Japan. She is married to a Japanese man.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It must be fairly easy for a Filipino to go to Japan as an acquaintance of ours has just brought her sideline b/f to Japan. She is married to a Japanese man.

We  can only go on what the Japanese Embassy says I guess but it looks a Hassle to me.

http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/visiting/

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I think she will need a Visa. 

Japan is expensive but worth it. It was busy and crowded when I went there. I'm sure it is even busier and more crowded now.  I loved Japan. Spent my time in Ikebulero. traveled by train to Sendai for a jazz concert. 

• Like 2