Japan Vacation

canadamale
Posted
Posted

yes Japan was and still is our destination of choice. the visa requirements is what is holding us back. That and the gf seems to need me to be with her to push her and hold her hand while apply for the visa. I plan on being in PH for the month of august so maybe then we can go. I have some friends in Chiang Mai so maybe there if we go to Thailand.  

• 3 months later...
canadamale
Posted
Posted

visa refused for gf, paid 1950 peso to Reli Tours and Travel Company a company sanctioned by the Japanese embassy to process the visa. Jumped through too many hoops to believe, letter of support from me, proof of money in the bank, proof of my working, new birth certificate for gf, proof from her high school, proof from her college and it was still refused, not able to apply again for 6 months, no reason given for the refusal, gf is disappointed, it was to be a bd gift. Her mom wins out we are going shopping for a new refridgerator, the old one gave out. That and now I need to think of a new bd gift aaaarg   

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, canadamale said:

visa refused for gf,

I tend to think the answer may lay here my friend. Had you have been married I feel the decision would have been different. Based on another members Visa Refusal for his GF I think that most Visa wanting Countries are going the Same way, Proof beyond Proof that the Lady will be Returning to the PI after the Visit.:huh: seems Employment here in the PI may also have some Bearing:smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a line
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Went to China 12 years or so ago on business trips and loved it.  Fascinating place, would go again if I had the opportunity.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, canadamale said:

visa refused for gf

I gave your post a 'like' for sharing it with us, not because I 'liked' it that the visa was refused.  I understand the frustration as my application for a visitor's visa to Canada, for Yvonne, was likewise refused.  My best guess is that the 'powers that be' believe that filipinas  are just using us foreigners to get to another country.  So long as they continue to believe that, and to believe that their countries are Utopian, then they will continue to deny visa requests from young filipinas.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I understand the frustration as my application for a visitor's visa to Canada, for Yvonne, was likewise refused.

Was this before or after you were married?

• 2 months later...
canadamale
Posted
Posted

We arrived in Bangkok, Thailand a couple of hours ago. Everything went super smooth from terminal 2 Manila, immigration, flight, immigration in Bangkok, One more stamp in the so passport. I sure wish it was this easy to travel to Au, Ca, Jp. etc.   The gf still has her heart set on Japan, maybe next year we can apply again.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, canadamale said:

One more stamp in the so passport. I sure wish it was this easy to travel to Au, Ca, Jp. etc.   The gf still has her heart set on Japan, maybe next year we can apply again.

I think that stamp in her passport will help next time assuming you dont end up comming back alone. Just joking. :smile:

canadamale
Posted
Posted

haha, not much fear of coming back alone. Maybe a new Thai live in maid, oh it is so nice to dream. 

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)

back in PH. Bangkok was very nice, I had a great time. First impressions were very good. Maybe it was only the places I saw, but Bangkok seemed more prosperous than PH (Manila). I was a little apprehensive of what would happen with the King being on his death bed, With his passing the Thais seemed very passive and quiet. All in all a good trip, very enjoyable river cruise, saw the leaning Buddha, jade Buddha, various temples. Took in some night markets, g/f bought lots of cheap tea shirts for everyone we know. Took a river cruise, enjoyed some HOT Thai food. I asked the g/f if she would like to live in Thailand for say 6 months and she said sure, hmmm nice thought. Of course she said this as we were staying at a 5 star hotel, when reality kicks in and she realizes where and how are life style would not change from PH her view may change. English (lack of) was more noticeable, but I did not expect different. All in a very enjoyable couple of days. The airport in Manila went smooth smooth in and out, took a metered taxi from airport.

20161013_094720.jpg20161013_101703.jpg20161013_093427.jpg20161012_172437.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
moved images to show a shorter post, drag and drop
  • Like 1