Where To Stay In Manila

mogo51
Posted
Posted

"Anyone can give me a  leg up for a cheap but decent hotel in Mania?  The one I used the last time have jacked their prices up."

What country is it in?  :)

It could be Oz the way things are over there JGF

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted

Whenever I go to Manila I stay at a one of the Red Planet (formerly Tune)  hotels. There are a three of them in Manila. The rooms are small but very clean. There is flat screen TV,, a safe, and high speed internet in every room. The security is also very good. A twin room usually runs about 1700p. Another budget chain are the Sogo hotels, they are lean, safe, and have good internet. There are several Sogos in Manila.

Thanks Mr. Bobo, what are the beds like.  I have a chronic back issue and cannot cope with those paper thing rubber mattresses?

The beds are small as is the room like Dave said.  I am 6' 2" and had no problem with the beds. As to whether or not it was a " paper thin rubber mattresses" I really can't say for sure.  I did find the bed comfortable but then again I don't have back issues when I sleep.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

At the Red Planet (Tune) Hotels, do not get a room near to the elevator as people tend to sit on the floor and party there as the space is larger than the rooms. Otherwise, it is good.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

chris49
Posted
Posted
Thanks Chris, Is that the final daily cost, as Dave said in another post, they love to do a bit of adding often. But he mainly referred to online bookings?

That's the total. no add ons.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Where would you prefer to stay Manila, Pasay, Malate or Makati? Or you really don't mind?

There's plenty of options so if you pick a place I'll fire in some suggestions and prices

By the way Sogo hotels can have nice rooms but do remember they are "short time" hotels for lovers etc so your neighbors could be a bit noisy for a few hours at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Where would you prefer to stay Manila, Pasay, Malate or Makati? Or you really don't mind?

There's plenty of options so if you pick a place I'll fire in some suggestions and prices

By the way Sogo hotels can have nice rooms but do remember they are "short time" hotels for lovers etc so your neighbors could be a bit noisy for a few hours at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you stay at a SoGo I like to pay the extra $5 to get the executive room. Another thing to remember is that Sogo has many locations, some quite close together in Manila and one only about 20 minute cab ride from another might be 1/3 cheaper. For example the Cubao sogo is usually cheaper than the EDSA Trinoma sogo in QC. Trinoma has the mall and Cubao has the public market close by. I would just take a cab to the mall, or any mall if I wanted to go there. You don't have to pick just one to stay in. Make sure they give you their card if you stay there, it is good for a 10% discount for walking up at another sogo. In the room there may be a little placard for special offers good at any sogo, I took a picture of the one in my room in Cebu city sogo and showed the picture to the Manager in the QC sogo and got the special deal. Not the greatest place to stay but easy to check in and out and we aren't buying the place are we? :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Howard
Posted
Posted
On 2/24/2016 at 2:16 PM, Mr. Bobo said:

Whenever I go to Manila I stay at a one of the Red Planet (formerly Tune)  hotels. There are a three of them in Manila. The rooms are small but very clean. There is flat screen TV,, a safe, and high speed internet in every room. The security is also very good. A twin room usually runs about 1700p. Another budget chain are the Sogo hotels, they are lean, safe, and have good internet. There are several Sogos in Manila.

And the Red planet's have the best showers with lots of hot water! The wife and I have stayed at the one in Ortigas many times. Always great, but the prices like everything else here have gone up recently. Good clean, no frills hotel though!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have never actually experienced fast internet in a room at a Sogo, the lobby is usually ok. Never found the Sogo to be more than barely acceptably clean, I still stay there though because they have some decent locations [especially the one across the street from EDSA Trinoma mall] and I'm not buying the place.:smile:

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We have used the SoGo in EDSA close to the Fire Station and thought it a bit short time. We,ve been to a couple of Red Planets, MOA and Clark, both ok.