Va In Manila - Looks Who Is In Charge

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ..... we are paying this looser $160,000 per year to screw up the veterans here in the Phils .... and some guys have the nerve to say only here in the Philippines do ousted governmental employees just get reshuffled instead of being fired .... looks like the good ol' US of A does the same thing .... there is no end to the greed and corruption when it comes to governments .....  :kidding: :23_11_62[1]:  

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You want to see just how bad the VA has become ..... read this report .... I hope it doesn't make you sick .... how the hell did this got blown so far out of proportion ...... and why can't they fire these ass-holes .... I'll bet they could if they wanted to .... problem is they don't and with an administration that cares nothing about our military or servicemen who gave so much for us ....

If this doesn't make your blood boil you ain't breathing ..... disgusting ..... :SugarwareZ-034: :wt-hell:  .... here's what they need to do to these fu*kers ...... :728: 

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/21/interactive-take-a-ride-on-vas-bad-bosses-merry-go-round/

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

with an administration that cares nothing about our military or servicemen who gave so much for us ....

"Lest we Forget" What a motif  this is?  YET! So many Do forget or just have never had to Remember They are the main problem in my Mind  :1 (103):

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I am going to chose to look at a glass half full (as opposed to my normal half empty :dance: ).

Yes she is getting her salary and a free place to live. But in reality? A lady probably lived in the states her whole life. Being sent here to the problems that we are familiar with. If she brings her husband? With the distractions we all know about?

Oh yeah, she's getting lots of money,,,,,,,,,,,but she will be miserable her whole stay here.

Its harder than you can believe to fire a long time government employee,,,,,,,,,i bet after a year here, she will most likely quit :hystery:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The friend who died recently was a Viet Nam vet.  He was in hospital here for 2 months before he died and every day he said "As soon as I can contact the VA they'll help me".  His friends tried to contact the VA for him.  There is no help there.  They would not help in any way since he was visiting the Philippines.  "Maybe" they would help if he was in the US when he got sick but they would not help him here and would not help him get back to the US.  And yet other Viet Nam vets who live here talk about going to Manila for help with meds and stuff all the time.  Go figure.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
The friend who died recently was a Viet Nam vet

Sorry to hear about your friend Dave, as a vet I really am. But the VA here is only for Service connected disability health problems. In other words, if your friend was lets say 50% disabled due to chronic back problems that he got while loading helicopters "on active duty", he could then be treated for his back pain. If he broke his arm here, or let us say he had knee joint pain that developed in the course of his "civilian" career at UPS he would have to go to a civilian doctor.

The VA here, as was mentioned in the article, was really set up to serve those who served in WW 2 with the resistance etc. I will predict that it will most likely close down in the next 20 years as those veterans pass on and those Filipino citizens who served in the American armed forces (Jake is such a service member) finish their enlistments and pass away. That particular treaty ended in 1992 I believe.

For example, a friend of my wife served and retired after 20 years in the US Navy, she has a service connected  disability on her knees, she travels once a month to the VA for medicine and treatment. Any other ailment she goes to local medical facilities.

And yet other Viet Nam vets who live here talk about going to Manila for help with meds and stuff all the time.

Just to double check me, please ask these Gents if they are service connected disabled. If they arnt let me know please because I will beat feet down there and get myself signed up lolol.

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Her being here is kinda CrEePy, why? My "home" VA is.... the St Louis VA. 

The VA here is not the same as all the other VA's, the one here is technically here for the Filipino WWII vets but will also see vets with "service connected" issues. I don't have personal experience with them as I prefer a small town atmosphere to a big city.

Another knucklehead thing about the VA that is stupid (I think item #479 on the list lol) the VA in every state is isolated from the other states. Huh? Every state you go to you have to go back to the beginning of the entire process and apply for eligibility. Granted, they do it while you are sitting there (unless in a place like Fairbanks Alaska where they FAX, yup that's right, FAX your paperwork to Anchorage for approval). Then, even if all you want is a refill of your medication you have to see a doctor first. I saw a dentist in Fairbanks and yup, back to the FAX machine he went to find out what the previous VA dentist saw. dumb dumb dumb  :1 (103):  :1 (103):  :1 (103):

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I am going to chose to look at a glass half full (as opposed to my normal half empty :dance: ).

Yes she is getting her salary and a free place to live. But in reality? A lady probably lived in the states her whole life. Being sent here to the problems that we are familiar with. If she brings her husband? With the distractions we all know about?

Oh yeah, she's getting lots of money,,,,,,,,,,,but she will be miserable her whole stay here.

Its harder than you can believe to fire a long time government employee,,,,,,,,,i bet after a year here, she will most likely quit :hystery:

I think the article indicates she not been at St. Louis for 3 years so I guess she has been in Manila that long.

She says:

Nelson said she applied for the job because her parents were spending half of each year in the Philippines during their retirement, and she wanted to be with them, especially because of health problems.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/24/failed-st-louis-va-chief-got-plush-job-free-house-in-philippines/#ixzz41FfjOBsd

• Like 2