jpbago
Posted
Posted

One Pilsen and some peanuts.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

One of my favorites is the arroz caldo from Bongs (a local Oton joint). A bowl of caldo w/boiled egg, a pork siopao, and a Mt Dew all for p50!  (actually I think 49?)  There are 4 locations, that I know of here in town.  Every time we go to the wet market I try to stop in for some.   I don't know why they are so cheap - the other places nearby are double the price and not as good.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:46 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

One of my favorites is the arroz caldo from Bongs (a local Oton joint). A bowl of caldo w/boiled egg, a pork siopao, and a Mt Dew all for p50!  (actually I think 49?)  There are 4 locations, that I know of here in town.  Every time we go to the wet market I try to stop in for some.   I don't know why they are so cheap - the other places nearby are double the price and not as good.  :tiphat:

I had 2 bowls today, so per the original post, 32 pesos for one bowl plus the M.Dew.

Of course they know me, so they load up the garlic and a few pieces of finely chopped chicken on top. Then the Jalapeno in oil, she is the only vender to have that, and it is a factor.

Then the 18 yo waitress who sat down for a brief chat.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Empenyada. Do they have that elsewhere?

Price range 20-35 pesos.

Take a hard shell or soft shell tortilla like wrapper. Add chopped cabbage and drop an egg onto that, then wrap it up. Deep fried in hot oil, it is a local delicacy and for 35 pesos they add chopped up longanisa.

When hot they are amazing, but the oil is a deterrent. Not my favorite but with have one now and then, family however likes them.

Dipped in vinegar and chopped chili or any kind of sauce actually.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, chris49 said:

Empenyada. Do they have that elsewhere?

Price range 20-35 pesos.

Take a hard shell or soft shell tortilla like wrapper. Add chopped cabbage and drop an egg onto that, then wrap it up. Deep fried in hot oil, it is a local delicacy and for 35 pesos they add chopped up longanisa.

When hot they are amazing, but the oil is a deterrent. Not my favorite but with have one now and then, family however likes them.

Dipped in vinegar and chopped chili or any kind of sauce actually.

They have that in most countrys with a Spanish Colonial history. A good treat tho :).

• Like 1