Nice day trip from Bacolod or San Carlos

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike S said:

:AddEmoticons04230: ... Super we are going to do a road trip going that way soon and probably spend the nite in San Carlos ..... we found a nice little motel there not far from the port .... people are really nice they even went across the street and bought us some breakfast rolls when the cook didn't show up to cook breakfast ..... they have a small kitchen there that fixes eggs and stuff in the morning .... didn't eat there any other time so not sure about other meals but will let everyone know when we get back .... also did a webcam there .... will look for it and post if I can ....

:cheersty:

good time to mention Mike and for others a little road warning.

South of San Carlos same as usual bumpy due to sugar cane trucks, how ever once one gets to just past the Canlaon turn off it turns to shi......Just ongoing road construction, detours from broken bridges going back to 2012 quake. We were stuck up waiting for 35 minutes, not moved at all. Long stretches of muddy gravel, appalling. Comes right after La Libertad and good all way to Dumaguete

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Great timing and thanks we were considering leaving San Carlos and going south .... not now we will wait a few years till they get the road straightened out ..... 

:cheersty:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, RBM said:

I have two bikes, one is new Yamaha serow 250 for green trail riding the other a 2013 XTZ Yamaha 1200 super tenere which is my main bike. We do a lot of riding back roads following base Camps OSM on the garmin, kinda hobby of our.

What would be the recommended minimum size bike (both from engine/hp and comfortable seat/suspension) be for a trip up from Dumaguete? 

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

What would be the recommended minimum size bike (both from engine/hp and comfortable seat/suspension) be for a trip up from Dumaguete? 

Sorry can quite understand what your meaning here. Perhaps Jake can explain....

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

Sorry can quite understand what your meaning here. Perhaps Jake can explain....

I rented a Honda XRM 125 which is great for going around Dumaguete, heading up to Valencia is ok but start noticing lack of power as the incline increases and I end up in 2nd gear poking along. An hour ride starts getting uncomfortable, 2 hours is about all I can stand. 

So... I would like to ride to Don Salvador Benedicto from Duma, a 200km 5ish hour ride up the coast and mountain. Seems foolish to try on a XRM 125, what would be a good bike for this type of ride? (as a minimum to stay at low of a price point as possible). I rode a Kawasaki Avenger 220 which seems good for the trip but it turns like the Titanic and I feel I would be risking safety in city riding.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

We are starting to spiral a little off topic which may well not please the mods.....

my my suggestion is start a new post, myself and others will for sure add relevant comments. Please include your general price guidelines.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RBM said:

We are starting to spiral a little off topic which may well not please the mods.....

my my suggestion is start a new post, myself and others will for sure add relevant comments. Please include your general price guidelines.

I was thinking I was getting close to that line also, starting a new thread. Thanks

New Thread http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/24995-recommendation-on-what-motorcycle-to-buy/#comment-177416

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 1