Airbnb as a option !

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

well im making my first trip back to the Philippines in 5 years and i was looking at my usual hotel in manila and was shocked at the prices almost 3000 pesos a night now , mind you the location of the hotel isnt bad its at the corner of edsa and taft ave close to MOA and right on the mrt line but what you get with the hotel just doesnt justify its price , free breakfast no internet or wifi in the rooms no view or anything ! so i took a forum members advice and looked at AIRBNB and to be quite honest i was shocked at the great deals and what you get included , i got a studio condo with full use of all the amenities of the condo like Huge swimming pool , Movie room and billiards room , a gym (not that i need that lol ) and its located right in the heart of Makati all for 1900 pesos a night ! i had no idea how airbnb worked or how you pay but it really isnt that hard ! all you do is create a profile and a simple verification procedure and once thats done , start your search , enter your dates of travel and the city or area your looking for , then you will see all the units available in that area , then you pick the one that you like at the price range your looking for and contact the host tell them a bit about your travel and why you are interested in there unit and just wait until they respond , mine took around 12 hours to hear back but thats because of the time difference from Canada and the Philippines , once you hear back from them and they approve of your dates you proceed to book it and pay by using credit card or debit card or paypal theres many options , reminder also that some units will ask for a deposit in case there is any damages to the until but its really not that much money and its just held by airbnb and once the owner of the until clears that everything is ok after check out airbnb releases the hold on the deposit , i think this is a great option for anyone looking to come to the Philippines for the first time or even the season traveler and a better option then hotels 

I'll post some pics of the condo i got for 1900 pesos a night in Makati

i forgot to mention also that theres free wifi in the until and telephone full ref , microwave , cable tv ,  a electric hotplate for basic cooking and also comes with all the pots pans

O-U-C :thumbsup:     

Untitled-100.jpg

Untitled-200.jpg

Untitled-300.jpg

Untitled-400.jpg

Untitled-500.jpg

Untitled-600.jpg

Untitled-700.jpg

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sounds good.  Don't forget to come back to this thread to review the place once you have completed your trip.  Lots of people ask where they can stay in Manila.

Fingers crossed its as good as the pictures.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yeah my hopes as well mate !! theres a forum member living in this condo building and says its a great building and very new i think a year or so old and in central Makati so it shouldnt be too bad i guess , and for sure i will be back to review this , maybe even while im there ! :) Cheers :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Dwayne (OUC), 

My eldest daughter uses that website to rent out rooms for rent in Hollywood.  Many property owners as well as tenants who go out of town will rent out their home or room(s), sometimes live-in garage to augment their mortgage payments. 

Looking forward to your next adventure in PI.  But please do not exclude that pretty Filipina companion that you're hiding among that beautiful interior of your bachelors pads in Makati.  

You know that uncle Jake loves juicy photos......he, haw.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted

I notice Dwayne never did come back to  report on the experience, a shame.  I am tired of overpriced hotels in Phils that charge way too much and deliver way too little.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I notice Dwayne never did come back to  report on the experience, a shame.  I am tired of overpriced hotels in Phils that charge way too much and deliver way too little.

Often you don't get more if you pay more. Most places I have stayed the wifi was useless just about anywhere except the lobby. Clean sheets, no bugs and a television and aircon that works is as much as I expect and I pay the least that will get me that because I'm not buying the place.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

A very sound Philippine hotel review Robert.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I think this is worth more discussion as on another post, we were talking about the poor service and standard of hotel rooms In Phils generally.  Have other members used this website and if so, what was their experience.  I am very interested for future visits as hotels in Phils are poor to say the least and overpriced.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

He only arrived back in Canada yesterday or last night. Not sure of the time difference. :thumbsup:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Thanks JGF, lets hope he get a chance to give us a review.  Are you able to be an 'agent' or is it direct stuff, might be worth a spot on the site?