Airbnb as a option !

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Likewise, looks like  you enjoyed good accommodation at a reasonable price.  Nice views, seems roomy enough.  Far better than the 'hotel' I stayed in at Manila a month ago and it was the ultimate do box.  

Thanks for taking the  time to share, I have already signed up and will be using airnb in the future.

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, earthdome said:

Thanks for the great report OUC. Next time I am in Manila I will be giving both Uber and AirBnB a shot.

your most welcome !! also dont forget grab car when in manila too,  a mate of mine got one for us when he came to the airport to pick me up and only cost 270 peso from the airport to makati , anything i can do too help i'll try to post for all

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Likewise, looks like  you enjoyed good accommodation at a reasonable price.  Nice views, seems roomy enough.  Far better than the 'hotel' I stayed in at Manila a month ago and it was the ultimate do box.  

Thanks for taking the  time to share, I have already signed up and will be using airnb in the future.

your very welcome Mogo , there is a great place right in front of this condo called a venue every single night theres bbq and a live band and little shops selling clothes and other items had a blast there best thing i could crawl home lol

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

on a side note the owners of the condo met me at 1 am in the morning and had the aircon blasting already cold inside and they said i knew you would find it hot here so we wanted to you feel comfortable when you arrived from a long flight , i cant speak more highly of how they made me feel staying there didnt come by to check on the place or txt me everyday asking questions , as long as you looked after the place they were happy to leave it as your own condo ! the wifi was great there also no issues and the building amenities were top notch and also security you cant go to any other floor only yours and the observation deck on the roof and a few other floors were theres a gym pool table and movies room arcade 

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have friends coming to Pattaya in August.  I was about to book them a unit on the beach at Jomtien, near us until I started to look at airbnb.  I found a nice condo, 36sm which is fine for them, only there 4 days, totally renoved and on 18th floor with great views,  very reasonable indeed. will recommend that book that.

I am no lover of Manila but we go through there on our way to other places.  What is the name of the place you stayed and what was the price, if you don't mind me asking?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I have friends coming to Pattaya in August.  I was about to book them a unit on the beach at Jomtien, near us until I started to look at airbnb.  I found a nice condo, 36sm which is fine for them, only there 4 days, totally renoved and on 18th floor with great views,  very reasonable indeed. will recommend that book that.

I am no lover of Manila but we go through there on our way to other places.  What is the name of the place you stayed and what was the price, if you don't mind me asking?

Its called the Knightsbridge residence in makati i paid around 1900 pesos a night for that condo give or take a few pesos depending on exchange rates !

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is good value, I paid 1600 night for very small room, no view, no pool, no  nothing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Decided to try AirBNB again on our trip to Cebu. Anne used to work in IT park, so we wanted to stay somewhere close. Found a nice apartment with over 50 amazing reviews about 5min walk from IT Park at a newish La Guardia Condo building.

Only costed us 925 pesos a night and I wasn't expecting much. What i got was an awesome apartment. Proper bed, Skychanal TV, PLDT high speed internet, fridge, aircon, hot water and a awesome balcony looking at the hills from the top floor. Toilet and shower are separated, so no wet socks.

The fridge had 6 bottles of water and on the fridge tea/coffee, cookies and dried mangos all free of charge. Owners were really friendly and came an hour before the time i told we would be there (PAL Express Iloilo to Cebu left 30 Minutes AHEAD OF SCHEDULE - crazy i know).

We have stayed in a few hotels in Philippines and they cant even come close to the value of money i got booking this apartment.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

im glad i could help with suggesting airbnb as a option for you all ,  as i said i couldnt beet the value i got now i see it worked out well for somebody else , im happy for you mate !

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2016 at 6:34 AM, Sander Martin said:

Decided to try AirBNB again on our trip to Cebu. Anne used to work in IT park, so we wanted to stay somewhere close. Found a nice apartment with over 50 amazing reviews about 5min walk from IT Park at a newish La Guardia Condo building.

Only costed us 925 pesos a night and I wasn't expecting much. What i got was an awesome apartment. Proper bed, Skychanal TV, PLDT high speed internet, fridge, aircon, hot water and a awesome balcony looking at the hills from the top floor. Toilet and shower are separated, so no wet socks.

The fridge had 6 bottles of water and on the fridge tea/coffee, cookies and dried mangos all free of charge. Owners were really friendly and came an hour before the time i told we would be there (PAL Express Iloilo to Cebu left 30 Minutes AHEAD OF SCHEDULE - crazy i know).

We have stayed in a few hotels in Philippines and they cant even come close to the value of money i got booking this apartment.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Old post but thanks. There are other AirBnB units in this building, and apparently, the internet is good.

• Like 2