Short trips outside of Cebu City (Beach)

obda
Posted
Posted

Never been to Phils, booked a trip for two weeks late July/early August to Cebu. Looking for day trips to beaches.

1.  Looking for reliable driver

2.  Not particulary interested in swimming or snorkeling, but interested in a lounger.

3. ok with boat ferry transport

4.  not opposed to paying for an awesome beach (with services) but don't want to pay too much

5. ok with day pass at a resort

is my time frame low season, or does it matter?

what is too much? I don't know maybe 1500/person PHP; would prefer a place that pay with credit, meaning I pay an "entry fee" which credits things purchased

Any help appreciated

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

To answer your question we need to know what location you will be staying at in order to suggest a day trip to a beach or beach resort. Cebu is a large island.

Or are you looking to stay at a beach resort someplace on or near the island of Cebu?

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Never been to Phils, booked a trip for two weeks late July/early August to Cebu. Looking for day trips to beaches.

1.  Looking for reliable driver

2.  Not particulary interested in swimming or snorkeling, but interested in a lounger.

3. ok with boat ferry transport

4.  not opposed to paying for an awesome beach (with services) but don't want to pay too much

5. ok with day pass at a resort

what is too much? I don't know maybe 1500/person PHP; would prefer a place that pay with credit, meaning I pay an "entry fee" which credits things purchased

Any help appreciated

As discussed many times before, beaches in and around Cebu are IMHO not worth the effort, there are a few reasonable ones but most are not much in the sense of being clean, or with any type of waves.

I would suggest you try Plantation Bay on Mactan, have been there and can only say the place was overwhelming, entry is 2,000 pesos each which includes a superb lunch in also a superb restaurant . For the entry fee you get full access to all the activities for the day, the main swimming pool is around the size of a football field, salt water, the also have scattered through the complex many other smaller more intimate pools with adjoining little restaurants. There was access to the beach there but it was low tide and the water was a fair way out and after seeing the pools they have you wouldn't even bother. A taxi from Cebu say SM Mall depending on the time of day would set you back around 250 pesos. If you decide to go, get there as early as possible, there is so much to do you really can't do it all in one day. They have a website so check it out.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

If you do a simple search of this site the same  subject came up recently and was well discussed.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
day trips to beaches
Looking for reliable driver
ok with boat ferry transport

I am not sure why you need a driver unless that is unrelated to trips to beaches.  As to the time frame, you are in the rainy season but that just means there is a good chance it will rain (probably hard but for a short time) at some point during the day.

Since you are OK with boat transport I would suggest either the 'island hopping' day trip boats that leave from behind the old Hilton hotel on Mactan or take the fast craft to Poro Camotes at 6 am and come back at 5 pm (personally I would spend the night if I went that far but up to you) or just visit one of the resorts on Mactan for the day because those other suggestions would just put you on a beach with sun and sand.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Since you are OK with boat transport I would suggest either the 'island hopping' day trip boats that leave from behind the old Hilton hotel on Mactan

Great suggestion by Dave if you pick the right day weather wise.

We did just that last trip to Cebu together and had a wonderful day ( plenty of stop off's with food n drinks available )

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
or just visit one of the resorts on Mactan for the day

Changed my mind after reading this article about unhealthy amounts of fecal matter in the seawater there

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2016/03/03/coastal-waters-mactan-contain-bacteria-feces-460460

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

That  explains the smell we experienced when visiting one 5* complex at low tide !

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is one of those repetitive topics that comes up every month or so, and always with the same responses.  I expect that many will respond to this thread but you can already foretell what they will say by going to the top right of the page and searching "beach" in all topics.  When I did it I got this:

Found 1,571 results

I suppose at some point I should go through and merge some of these similar topics but, well I'm lazy so I'll leave it to another moderator :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Carlo said:

Anyway, just thought I ask if some people know some hidden places I have not yet discovered/heard of.

But right- Tripadvisor may be better for this.

I'm going to call you on being a bit obstinate BECAUSE here is a screen shot of the page where you posted this topic and the very next topic in the list (if you had only looked before clicking 'add topic') is exactly the same as the one you started.  So I shall now merge the two threads.  Just give me a minute to do it but here is the screen shot I promised :508:

Obstinate.thumb.png.e67be10be04b306899ed

So rather than going and searching on trip adviser, just try looking a little more closely on this forum.  :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 2