Zap 'Em before they zap you

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I love my bug zappers and dote on them daily, caressing their killer hot wires with gentle, smooth, feather-light strokes of a soft-bristled brush. I don't hear any pleasureable moans or sighs... but they LIKE IT !  How do I know.... the KILL for me.  

Insects love me so much that they are always giving me 100% of their attention... it seems. They don't care if I reek of "OFF" lotion, or wear iron trousers..... they still.... want me.  

Thank god, I have my electronic sentries that mercilessly dispatch their hungry advances. 

Everyday, I brush their corpses away. 

Getting back to reality, sans fantasy hyperbole.....  

I like using my cheap, blue neon tubed, zappers and my life would be a lot more miserable here were it not for this invention.  I live in a screened, but semi-porous bamboo house, and without my zappers to help keep the flying tropical predators under control, my life would be a lot worse.

Some of the larger ones I've seen in restaurants give off a distinctive, 'Pop' when dispatching flying blood suckers. My small, el-cheapo (P300 or so) ones are silent killers. Brushing the wires daily and an occassional washing off of the light  tubes is all it takes to eliminate a heck of a lot of bugs that make it through the outer perimeter.

Do you use these devices? If so, what have been your positive and negative experiences ? 

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

If so, what have been your positive and negative experiences ?

Electrifying!

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have had them back in Oz with limited success, they may have been the 'poverty pack model'.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I have had them back in Oz with limited success, they may have been the 'poverty pack model'.

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. Does that mean that they were small units? Mine are the smallest units on the shelf for sale at Handiman, but they are still really effective. They each kill 10-20 flying insects nightly and provide 'night-lite' ambience.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

The city of Land O' Lakes Florida used to provide and maintain some big bug zappers. I think they built them.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Hi, I like my little bug zapper too. It's the kind that looks like a little tennis paddle. We don't have any mosquitos in the house but they are outside. I see them land on my window screen. 

Sometimes when I'm bored, I take my paddle and sit outside and wait for them. ZAP, ZAP ZAP, The paddle kills other flying insects also like house flies. They are harder to kill. I have to zap them more than once. 

I like the little noise the zapper makes. I'm easily amused, what can I say.

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

We use one zapper that we turn on at around 6PM until morning. I looks like a small lantern and we bought it at Ace Hardware. Our house has metal screens, but when we first moved here we were bothered by mosquitoes that must have flown in if we came in and out of the house at night. One zapper pretty much keeps any stray mosquitoes that get in from being around very long. We started with a lot of house lizards in the house that loved to eat the mosquitoes, but I guess that most of them must have moved on to greener pastures outside:) 

We would never be without a zapper now. 

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

we use two one is a black dome shape with a single tube which is very deadly but quiet except for the larger insects then it gives out a loud crack !!

we also have one of the kind you find in shops and hospitals it is a two tube with a wire cage and it gives out a loud crack no matter how small the insects it zaps only prob is it scares the dog and he runs off down the stairs !! wouldnt do without them as it seems there are more mossies this year and espec as the water level in Laguna De Bay has dropped quite a bit !

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

we use two one is a black dome shape with a single tube which is very deadly but quiet except for the larger insects then it gives out a loud crack !!

we also have one of the kind you find in shops and hospitals it is a two tube with a wire cage and it gives out a loud crack no matter how small the insects it zaps only prob is it scares the dog and he runs off down the stairs !! wouldnt do without them as it seems there are more mossies this year and espec as the water level in Laguna De Bay has dropped quite a bit !

We had one of those bigger ones you mentioned too that we hung outside. Our two dogs were were so scared of the sound too that we had to take it down.

Our inside zappers will make a slightly louder sound of a moth happens to hit the wires.. 

• Like 1